Forum Archive - Redirect to another language

Redirect to another language
Mar 13, 2016 11:10 am by olegthered
Hello, I would like to make auto redirect for users from another countries but when I use: -- $new_url = 'http://tracers.ru' . $_SERVER['REQUEST_URI']; wp_redirect( $new_url, 301 ); -- nothing happens. This code was used to redirect russian user that went to eng version. I would like to implement geo autodetect for first visit and change lang but then language choosing will be still possible. I made it via session variables but I can't succeed with redirect.
Re: Redirect to another language
Mar 13, 2016 4:41 pm by Yana
Hi, We do not recommend using auto detect feature and it is not included in Enterprise version. However, if you want that feature, it is possible to code on your end. You can use the geo ip DB and some custom scripting . You should use X-Real-IP to detect visitor location and change the language.
Mar 13, 2016 6:15 pm by olegthered
Hi, yes, I already made it. But I can't send user to tracers.ru from en.tracers.ru. It stays/returns on en.tracers.ru. May be language variable should be changed?
Mar 13, 2016 9:13 pm by Edvard
Hi, Your code should use cookies to handle that. I want to mention again that it is not recommended, you may have troubles with search engines. Thanks!