Forum Archive - Bootstrap Dropdown Language

Bootstrap Dropdown Language
Mar 30, 2016 5:31 pm by gordo019
I would like to use the Bootstrap dropdown class to style the GTranslate widget. With a Bootstrap theme the default dropdown menu looks inconsistent with the rest of the Bootstrap site. Looking for steps to do this CSS change. http://getbootstrap.com/components/#dropdowns
Re: Bootstrap Dropdown Language
Mar 30, 2016 7:09 pm by Edvard
Hi, You will need to modify the language selector code. It is not going to be an easy task and requires HTML, CSS, Javascript and PHP skills. Thanks!
Mar 30, 2016 7:26 pm by gordo019
It would be nice if the GTranslate Widget had a field to embed a class container around the widget HTML. Then the GTranslate dropdown menu could be integrated into many WP themes without looking different. Take a look at this Bootstrap page: http://oscardomain.com/wordpress/floor-plans/ The GTranslate widget in the footer area.
Mar 30, 2016 7:44 pm by Edvard
Hi, The changes you want to make are major and cannot be achieved by only adding a class. We have a "Nice looking dropdown with flags" Look option available. You can try it instead. Thanks!
Mar 30, 2016 7:58 pm by gordo019
Thanx for looking at it Edvard. I have tried the Nice looking dropdown but the flags look fuzzy compare to Bootstrap icons and the dropdown menu style is not consistent with Bootstrap IU components.The language selector class should be adjustable to the WP theme being used. Otherwise, great plugin.
Mar 30, 2016 8:21 pm by Edvard
I can look into your website to check the flags if you enable the look. It is possible to do it from the Widget Code section under GTranslate Settings. You can modify everything. You just need to know HTML, CSS and Javascript to not break it.
Mar 30, 2016 8:27 pm by gordo019
OK.... I will look at the Widget Code Section. I really don’t want the flags, just the Bootstrap look. The flags are fine but look a little fuzzy on a retina screen.
Mar 30, 2016 8:51 pm by gordo019
Bootstrap Documentation recommends: "Avoid using <select> elements here as they cannot be fully styled in WebKit browsers." Seems like the GTranslate widget code is a “select” element dropdown. Not sure that I should attempt a tweak of the widget code.