Forum Archive - Can't edit the languages

Can't edit the languages
May 12, 2011 7:09 am by valedeoro
Good morning, I purchased GTranslate pro and followed all instructions (within limits of my computer knowledge). ionCube is also enabled, but hostgator told me this: "Please keep in mind: Using PHP 5.3 will break any sites requiring Zend or ioncube that were encoded with PHP 5.2. We recommend you check with the application developers to see if they have a 5.3 version available." Is this an issue with GTranslate? Furthermore, I see the translation, but I can't make the edits. Even if I put language_edit=1 after the URL. I tried for example with this page: http://bamconf.org/bam If I put manually bamcon.org/it/bam then I see the same page, but in Spanish again, so no translation visible. And if I choose with the widget Italian from the sidebar on bamconf.org/bam, then I see the translation, but cannot edit it. Thanks for your assistance!
Re: Can't edit the languages
May 12, 2011 10:42 am by Edvard
Hi, There are no problems with the PHP 5.3 version. As I can see you have a wrong Translate API key. Also you need to use Redirect translation method and turn on Pro option. Currently you are using the Google default method. Please check the troubleshooting for more info: gtranslate/troubleshooting-gtranslate-pro-t368.html
May 14, 2011 7:41 pm by valedeoro
Thank you very much for the answer. I have enabled the redirect translation and pro mode. However, now the widget does not show in the sidebar. Where it should be there is a black space. If I hover with the mouse over this space, then the languages appear and the translation comes, but it is all invisible. You can see it here: http://bamconf.org/bam/ Furthermore, if I give the widget a title, then the title appears as a hyperlink opening this page: http://www.asiatranslate.net/website-translation.html, but both the flags and the names of the languages remain invisible. Thanks for your help.
Jun 6, 2011 11:15 am by valedeoro
Hello, this issue is still not solved. I have tried all different options to make it work, but my client is running totally out of patience so we are going a different route. So, I would like to ask for a refund of the price. Of course I will uninstall the proversion and delete it. Thanks for your answer.
Jun 6, 2011 11:29 am by Edvard
Hi, I can see the Pro version works fine on your site. You just needed to enable the language selector as I can see you did. I was just checking and can see that it gives a conflict with your CSS You have this below in your style.css file. article, aside, figure, footer, header, hgroup, nav, section, video, img { display: block; } if you remove that global definition it will work fine. Hope you know how to do that, since as I understood you are a developer or a designer.
Jun 11, 2011 7:16 pm by valedeoro
Unfortunately I will need your help with this. I do content management, so no design / program knowledge apart from changing fonts or colours in css files.
Jun 14, 2011 11:54 am by Edvard
OK, you can contact my on Skype, so I can guide you through the process.