Forum Archive - Wildcard SSL, redirect subdirectory to subdomain

Wildcard SSL, redirect subdirectory to subdomain
Jun 8, 2016 7:16 pm by coolios
I have 3 languages in total currently using the subdirectory url structure, which I would like to change to subdomain instead. 1. This means I'll need 3 SSL certs which is cheaper than the wildcard SSL package. Can I purchase 3 individual certs instead of the SSL package or do you require the wildcard SSL cert for subdomain URL structure? 2. I've built solid Google ranking for 4+ years using the subdirectory links. How do I redirect every single link from the subdirectory to the subdomain so that google will update my links instead of starting from scratch in the ranking? I don't want to keep both subdirectory and subdomain.
Re: Wildcard SSL, redirect subdirectory to subdomain
Jun 8, 2016 9:41 pm by Edvard
Hi, 1. Yes you can 2. You can try this rewrite rule below: RewriteRule ^(af|sq|am|ar|hy|az|eu|be|bn|bs|bg|ca|ceb|ny|zh-CN|zh-TW|co|hr|cs|da|nl|en|eo|et|tl|fi|fr|fy|gl|ka|de|el|gu|ht|ha|haw|iw|hi|hmn|hu|is|ig|id|ga|it|ja|jw|kn|kk|km|ko|ku|ky|lo|la|lv|lt|lb|mk|mg|ms|ml|mt|mi|mr|mn|my|ne|no|ps|fa|pl|pt|pa|ro|ru|sm|gd|sr|st|sn|sd|si|sk|sl|so|es|su|sw|sv|tg|ta|te|th|tr|uk|ur|uz|vi|cy|xh|yi|yo|zu)/(.*)$ http://$1.domain.com/$3 [R=301,L] which will redirect for example domain.com/ru/ to ru.domain.com Thanks!
Jun 10, 2016 5:05 pm by coolios
For #1 At the SSL registrar, I'll purchase another SSL for zh-TW.domain.com But I won't be able to generate the CSR when I go into cPanel's SSL area, it won't let me generate a CSR for zh-TW.domain.com. It says "you do not control this domain" Do I need to create a subdomain within cPanel first?
Jun 11, 2016 2:42 am by Edvard
You can search csr generator tool online, many of them which will do the job. Thanks!
Jun 17, 2016 6:54 pm by coolios
Emailed you guys the subdomain ssl certs and key 4-5 days ago, still no reply on the installation. Are we missing something or what is the hold up?
Jun 19, 2016 1:02 pm by Edvard
Hi, Sorry for the delay. It is installed. Make sure to provide new certificates when they expire. Thanks!
Jun 22, 2016 2:24 pm by coolios
Thanks Edvard, the code you supplied above doesn't work to redirect subdirectory urls to the new subdomain urls. I also tried the code supplied in the documentation as well: RewriteRule ^([a-z]{2}|zh-CN|zh-TW)/(.*)$ http://$1.domain.com/$2 [R=301,L,QSA] I emailed you the .htaccess file, please have a look for us. this is the final problem in our migration from PRO to ENTERPRISE and we really appreciate your assistance.
Jun 22, 2016 5:50 pm by Edvard
Hi, I cannot find the email. May be you can send FTP access?