Forum Archive - Configuring sub-directories to point to subdomains

Configuring sub-directories to point to subdomains
Aug 15, 2016 1:30 pm by ferryto.com
Hi, I am a new GTranslate Enterprise member for ferryto.com. Main language = English. ferryto.com is our master site in English, from which I want to translate on the fly across several domains, the content will be the same for all domains. These domains have been around for a long time so essential to retain the urls as they are. Please can configure the following for me? See notes at bottom! DOMAINS to translate from ferryto.com (English) to all these. ferryto.al = Albanian ferryto.at = German ferryto.ch = German ferryto.cn = Standard Mandarin ferryto.co.kr = Korean ferryto.cz = Czech ferryto.de = German ferryto.dk = Danish ferryto.ee = Estonian ferryto.es = Spanish ferryto.fr = French ferryto.gen.tr = Turkish ferryto.gr = Greek ferryto.is = Icelandic ferryto.it = Italian ferryto.jp = Japanese ferryto.lt = Lithuanian ferryto.lv = Latvian ferryto.ma = Arabic ferryto.me = Montenegrin ferryto.nl = Dutch ferryto.no = Norwegian ferryto.pl = Polish ferryto.pt = Portuguese ferryto.ru = Russian ferryto.se = Swedish ferryto.si = Slovenian What i have done so far: 1) Followed the instructions for GTranslate Pro Documentation on your site, with continue using sub-directory URL structure (http://domain.com/es/) 2) I followed the GTranslate TDN documentation: including URL add-on, config.php, uploaded gtranslate folder renaming the old one, edited the htaccess file & added suggested #gtranslate config. I added the language selector to my sites default home page ferryto.com/index.html. We do not have SSL with our website. I need the DNS CNAMEs for the above list. The instruction email I received only sent for sub-domain CNAME records e.g. for Albania this: sq.ferryto.com -> ani.tdn.gtranslate.net # CNAME record for Albanian language The domain i want to point to for Albania is ferryto.al not sq.ferryto.com! Can you help please? Regards Marie
Re: Configuring sub-directories to point to subdomains
Aug 15, 2016 2:50 pm by Yana
Hi, You should use the came CNAME for mentioned list. Please use ani.tdn.gtranslate.net . If you are not going to use sub-folder links there is no need to install gtranslate url add-on. Just create cname records for individual domains.
Aug 15, 2016 4:49 pm by ferryto.com
Hi, Do you mean i can change the supplied list you gave me? Example from this you supplied sq.ferryto.com -> ani.tdn.gtranslate.net # CNAME record for Albanian language to this in other words edit it myself? ferryto.al -> ani.tdn.gtranslate.net # CNAME record for Albanian language . Should i remove the url-add on off my master site? Plus i am now gettind advert on these sites ferryto.al & ferryto.jp with your logo & the messageGTranslate "Your license is inactive or expired, please subscribe again!" when will this disappear? thanks marie
Aug 16, 2016 6:17 am by Yana
Hi, You need to remove GTranslate URL add-on and the redirection rules . You should make changes in your DNS to point the following domain names to our server. You can create CNAME record or change A record and set our IP address 94.23.220.123 ferryto.al = Albanian ferryto.at = German ferryto.ch = German ferryto.cn = Standard Mandarin ferryto.co.kr = Korean ferryto.cz = Czech ferryto.de = German ferryto.dk = Danish ferryto.ee = Estonian ferryto.es = Spanish ferryto.fr = French ferryto.gen.tr = Turkish ferryto.gr = Greek ferryto.is = Icelandic ferryto.it = Italian ferryto.jp = Japanese ferryto.lt = Lithuanian ferryto.lv = Latvian ferryto.ma = Arabic ferryto.me = Montenegrin ferryto.nl = Dutch ferryto.no = Norwegian ferryto.pl = Polish ferryto.pt = Portuguese ferryto.ru = Russian ferryto.se = Swedish ferryto.si = Slovenian If you check with nslookup tool you can see that ferryto.jp points to 69.61.41.155 IP address. It should be 94.23.220.123 IP instead.
Aug 16, 2016 7:30 am by ferryto.com
Hi, Can you answer my first question please regarding the CNAME records. Can i change the supplied CNAME from sq.ferryto.com -> ani.tdn.gtranslate.net # CNAME record for Albanian language to this ferryto.al -> ani.tdn.gtranslate.net # CNAME record for Albanian language? Thanks Marie
Aug 16, 2016 8:08 am by ferryto.com
Hi again, Regarding ferryto.jp I have checked and ferryto.jp points not to what you say but to 67.222.132.213 Here is the link for NsLookup http://network-tools.com/nslook/Default ... x=0&go.y=0 However more confusing i have follwoed your documentation: AMENDS as per TDN documentation completed: https://gtranslate.io/docs/58-gtranslat ... umentation 1. Download GTranslate URL add-on and unzip it 2. Edit gtranslate/config.php file to set correct main_lang language code 3. Upload gtranslate folder into www root directory 4. Edit/create .htaccess file in www root directory and add the following into the top of the file: # gtranslate config RewriteRule .* - [E=HTTP_AUTHORIZATION:%{HTTP:Authorization}] Shares Online - Click here to get help GTranslate TDN Documentation https://gtranslate.io/docs/58-gtranslat ... umentation[11/08/2016 17:02:34] RewriteRule ^(af|sq|am|ar|hy|az|eu|be|bn|bs|bg|ca|ceb|ny|zh-CN|zh- TW|co|hr|cs|da|nl|en|eo|et|tl|fi|fr|fy|gl|ka|de|el|gu|ht|ha|haw|iw|hi|hmn|hu| CN|zh- TW|co|hr|cs|da|nl|en|eo|et|tl|fi|fr|fy|gl|ka|de|el|gu|ht|ha|haw|iw|hi|hmn|hu| /$1/$3 [R=301,L] RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f RewriteRule ^(af|sq|am|ar|hy|az|eu|be|bn|bs|bg|ca|ceb|ny|zh-CN|zh- TW|co|hr|cs|da|nl|en|eo|et|tl|fi|fr|fy|gl|ka|de|el|gu|ht|ha|haw|iw|hi|hmn|hu| /gtranslate/gtranslate.php?glang=$1&gurl=$2 [L,QSA] RewriteRule ^(af|sq|am|ar|hy|az|eu|be|bn|bs|bg|ca|ceb|ny|zh-CN|zh- TW|co|hr|cs|da|nl|en|eo|et|tl|fi|fr|fy|gl|ka|de|el|gu|ht|ha|haw|iw|hi|hmn|hu| /$1/ [R=301,L] Now you are telling me to "You need to remove GTranslate URL add-on and the redirection rules ." Sorry but you have confused me here. 1. Do i follow the TDN documentation or not? 2. When you say remove the URL add-on do you mean me to remove the new ../gtranslate folder AND remove the code from the .htaccess file? Thanks Marie
Aug 16, 2016 10:52 am by ferryto.com
I have to apologise our technical guy here misdirected me on the CNAMES said what you sent was incorrect. He has now set up the DNS for the first site ferryto.al with this (as you supplied it) sq.ferryto.com -> ani.tdn.gtranslate.net # CNAME record for Albanian language However i am seeing the message on ferryto.al that our licenses has expired and adverts have started appearing, can you tell me why? Thanks Marie
Aug 16, 2016 11:46 am by Yana
Hi, I have just checked ferryto.al . It is not configured correctly. Please check with nslookup. It should point to 94.23.220.123 Ip address. I'm getting the following result: nslookup ferryto.al Non-authoritative answer: Name: Address: 69.61.41.159 You can login to your hosting control panel the DNS zone editor page and change IP address for ferryto.al
Aug 16, 2016 1:33 pm by ferryto.com
Hi Yana, Thank you that is now redirecting. However we are getting this error Sorry, the page you are looking for is currently unavailable. Please try again later. If you see this error constantly and you are the system administrator of this resource then please make sure that you are not blocking our IP address: 94.23.220.123 Faithfully yours, GTranslate - Translation Proxy. https://gtranslate.io So it is picking your ip up. But not the site ferryto.al site. I have amended the .htacess file which sits on the ferryto.al site with the following RewriteCond %{HTTP:X-GT-Lang} ^$ # requests from our network will have X-GT-Lang header RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^ferryto.al RewriteRule (.*) http://www.ferryto.al/$1 [R=301,L] I have also put this in the head of the ferryto.al/index.html page <meta name="uri-translation" content="on" /> Any idea how to correct this? Marie
Aug 16, 2016 3:52 pm by Yana
Hi, Your hosting provider is blocking our server IP address. Please contact them and ask to white list 94.23.220.123 IP address. Since the request is being passed trough our server you will see our IP address instead of visitor's real IP address. You can use X-Real-IP header to see visitor's IP address and block unwanted visitors or bots instead of our server. There is no need to add redirection rules for http://www.ferryto.al. To enable the URL translation you should add meta tag in your original website.
Aug 17, 2016 11:01 am by ferryto.com
Thanks Yana, Do I need to add the meta tag to ALL pages on my original website? Regards Marie
Aug 17, 2016 2:27 pm by ferryto.com
Hi Yana, Regarding the blocking of your 94.23.220.123 IP address Our web host server has asked for you to provide a traceroute from their server to help troubleshoot the issue. Also they are requesting what error messages you are receiving that make you suspect they are being blocked . Thanks Marie
Aug 17, 2016 3:51 pm by Yana
Hi, You need to add the rules in your template so it will be on all pages. I have just checked your website http://www.ferryto.al and can see Internal server error. Please fix it . You are now redirecting http://ferryto.al to http://www.ferryto.al . IP address for ferryto.al is correct but for www.ferryto.al it is your address 69.61.41.159. Please make sure that the cname record for www is correct.
Aug 18, 2016 8:29 am by ferryto.com
Hi Yana, Please can you check again. We have removed the .htaccess file from the www.ferryto.al server. www.ferryto.al points to 69.61.41.159 still. we cannot set a CNAME record for ferryto.al we set an A record (points at 94.23.220.123) We also set an A record for www.ferryto.al (points to 69.61.41.159) Any ideas on how to progress this? Thanks in advance Marie
Aug 18, 2016 10:56 am by ferryto.com
Hi My name is Stephen Dance (I'm the system administrator for the company) and I've taken this over from Marie My understanding of this is 1) Our base site to use for translated copies is www.ferryto.com 2) You have configured your service to provide translations of this site into various languages with the domain format ferryto.xx where xx is the national domain suffix 3) I have configured DNS for one of these language sites (Albanian) to point at your servers. Both www.ferryto.al and ferryto.al now point to 94.23.220.123 But when I access www.ferryto.al I receive the error shown below An error occurred. Sorry, the page you are looking for is currently unavailable. Please try again later. If you see this error constantly and you are the system administrator of this resource then please make sure that you are not blocking our IP address: 94.23.220.123 Faithfully yours, GTranslate - Translation Proxy. https://gtranslate.io I have checked with our hosting company and the address 94.23.220.123 is not being blocked in any way from accessing www.ferryto.com Please advise what is wrong ? Kind regards Stephen Dance
Aug 19, 2016 5:56 am by Yana
Dear Stephen , We have fixed the issue. You can check it www.ferryto.al . Please make sure that you uninstalled GTranslate URL add-on.
Aug 19, 2016 10:40 am by ferryto.com
Thanks Yana, that's working OK now STEVE
Aug 19, 2016 4:21 pm by Yana
Good to hear that!