Forum Archive - New user. Only one widget instance

New user. Only one widget instance
Sep 2, 2016 4:12 pm by superdoc
I must say that I am impressed with qtranslate. I loaded the free version on my xampp localhost to try it out. Looks great but I have some issues: 1. I moved the widget to my posts page. I then wanted to put it into pages and looks like the widget can only be used once? I can not see it on the left side. 2. My menu (ubermenu) is setup in English. Numerous translations cause the layout to look weird due to the length of certain words of foreign languages. Can I disable the menu so it doesn't get translated? Would appreciate details. 3. My homepage does not have a sidebar. Could you explain what shortcode i would add to the backend of homepage and where i put it so I can have the translate deal available there? Since I do not have a widget would like the placement of it in the far right header, if possible. If you can assist with the above i will load it on my live site. Thanks again. Mark, Miami, FL
Re: New user. Only one widget instance
Sep 4, 2016 2:21 pm by Yana
Hi, You can find step by step instructions here https://gtranslate.io/docs . 1. you can use [gtranslate] shortcode to put the language selector on your website or you can use php code and instet ito your template files. 2. To disable the translation you can add class="notranslate" in the source code . For example <div class="notranslate"> your menu</div> 3. You can use also the php code to add the language selector to your template: <?php echo do_shortcode('[gtranslate]'); ?>
Sep 5, 2016 8:14 pm by superdoc
You really didn't answer my question number 1. I googled a question that was identical. It said single use of the widget was due to a bug and would be fixed in a new version? I have never heard of a widget that could only be used once. That needs to be fixed asap. Thanks.
Sep 5, 2016 8:21 pm by superdoc
Okay. For everybody else with this issue do the following. If you use the widget in one place and it is not found on the widget area on the left of your widget page do the following: Drag a text widget wherever you want the translation to be located. Type in [gtranslate] shortcode and save. Does the trick. You can also give the widget a title as I have done.
Sep 6, 2016 10:36 am by Yana
Hi, Installation instructions are included in the documentation. Please read the instructions carefully https://gtranslate.io/docs/56-wordpress-documentation
Sep 6, 2016 1:50 pm by superdoc
Great plugin but in this forum I think I am just talking to a wall. Arrggh.
Sep 7, 2016 4:54 pm by Edvard
I think that you just do not understand our responses. If something is not clear you can always ask. Thanks!