Forum Archive - wordpress shortcode not working

wordpress shortcode not working
May 19, 2011 6:45 am by pablo
The shortcode "[GTranslate]" is not working with the last update in wordpress. Please help.
Re: wordpress shortcode not working
May 19, 2011 9:26 am by Edvard
Cannot verify the issue, it works for me.
May 19, 2011 5:20 pm by pablo
Hi Edward, All the other shortcodes are working wright, and I can't find the solution. The widget is working fine, but the shortcode act like plain text. I thought could be something about rewrite, but if gadget is working fine I think is not the problem. Any idea?
May 19, 2011 9:25 pm by Edvard
You can try [gtranslate] or [GTranslate] may be you have a typo?
May 20, 2011 11:58 pm by Flash
Good evening, same issue here... I added shortcode [GTranslate] to my left sidebar, but only the plain text is showing up. Also tried [gtranslate] after I found this thread. The widget itself is completely killing my sidebars, so I decided to leave it off my bars and use the shortcode instead. Inside an article the shortcode works properly, just not in the sidebars... Example: http://www.mikaversum.com/blog Any idea would be appreciated ;) Cheers, Flash
May 21, 2011 2:52 pm by Edvard
You need to use the widget in your sidebars instead. Enable it and let me know, so I can see what it breaks.
May 21, 2011 3:16 pm by Flash
Ok, just moved it into the right sidebar.
May 21, 2011 3:24 pm by Edvard
OK, there is a conflict with your CSS stylesheet: 1. You need to specify that #left h2 a {color:#ffffff;} 2. #left a.gflag img {padding:1px !important;} You can place the code inside style.css file of your template and it will solve the issue.
May 21, 2011 3:37 pm by Flash
Hi edo, I added the code in different ways to my stylesheet but without any change.
May 21, 2011 3:39 pm by Edvard
I think that you forgot about your browser cache ;) Refresh your site with Ctrl + F5
May 21, 2011 3:42 pm by Flash
Unfortunately not ;) To make sure I re.tried, also in different browser but situation is still the sam
May 21, 2011 3:44 pm by Flash
Here my css for the left sidebar: /* Left Sidebar */ #left { width: 179px; float:left; margin: 0; padding: 0; overflow: hidden; } #left h2 { color:#ffffff; background: #65111e; font-family: verdana, "Microsoft Sans Serif", Times, serif; font-size: 8pt; padding: 3px 6px; margin: 0px; margin: 0 0 10px 0; border-bottom: 1px solid #fff; } #left h2 a {color:#ffffff;} #left p {margin:0 6px 0 12px; padding: 0;} #left a {color: #65111e; text-decoration: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; line-height: 14pt;} #left a:hover {color: #333; text-decoration: underline;} #left a.gflag img {padding:1px !important;} #left ul{ list-style-type:none; margin:0 0 12px 0; padding:0; } #left ul li{ list-style-type:none; margin:0 0 0 12px; padding:0; } #left ul ul{ margin:0; padding:0; } #left ul ul li{ list-style-type:square; list-style-position: inside; margin:0 0 0 12px; padding:0; color: #65111e; } #left ul li.recentcomments { margin: 0 12px 0 12px; } #left ul li.recentcomments a{ line-height: 12pt; }
May 21, 2011 3:52 pm by Edvard
I have refreshed and it looks nice now. However I have just checked and it doesn't work, since you have turned on the Analytics feature without having Google analytics installed on your site and also didn't select a correct main language for your site. May be I do not understand what is the issue?
May 21, 2011 3:57 pm by Flash
I have Google Analytics running, but just as code on the content page. I can try to install an extra plugin to test. Which one do you want me to install - the Google Analytics for WordPress by Jost de Val?
May 21, 2011 4:00 pm by Edvard
When you will have the _gaq code installed on your site then you will turn on that feature in GTranslate. But meanwhile, what are you trying to get, were you able to get a nice look or not? Are you able to see the changes when you access http://www.mikaversum.com/blog/wp-conte ... /style.css from your browser?
May 21, 2011 4:13 pm by Flash
I do see the changes when I refresh and get the side code displayed... Also I see href="javascript:doGTranslate('de|en')" title="English" class="gflag" where is this class "gflag" defined? I did not found any definition for it, so I played around with my CSS and the code snipet you gave me before... Probably an idea to have a deeper look into this...
May 21, 2011 4:30 pm by Edvard
You can use FireBug on FireFox and you will be able to play and find the answers to your questions.
May 21, 2011 4:37 pm by Flash
Nevertheless, thanks for your help anyway... I will play around with it when I'm on nightshift. I'll let you know when I find out something senseful ;)