Forum Archive - Search function not working in translated language

Search function not working in translated language
Oct 26, 2016 2:06 pm by Elnino
You can please check this test site: [url]woocommerce.seminarsforhealth.ca[/url]. Default input language is French. If I translate the site in German it works. But if I search for the keyword "foto" for instance which is the german translated term for "photo", it shows 0 result. I understand that it's because the search plugin is searching the default WP database and not gTranslate database. Is there a way to make the search function work with gTranslate (a lady on your chat told me it's possible). I'm on trial for the pro version if it can be of any help. Thanks.
Re: Search function not working in translated language
Oct 26, 2016 2:16 pm by Yana
Hi, You will need to use google search widget.
Oct 26, 2016 2:18 pm by Elnino
Could you please specify a URL where I can find documentation on this?
Oct 26, 2016 6:19 pm by Edvard
Hi, You will need to wait for google to index your translated pages, then you can use google search widget for your website instead of your search function. It will find pages in different languages which are already indexed. Thanks!
Oct 26, 2016 8:24 pm by Elnino
OK thanks, but I am still waiting to get a URL documentation on Google Search Widget. I haven't found anything relevant.
Oct 26, 2016 8:53 pm by Edvard
You can find more info on https://cse.google.com
Oct 27, 2016 12:28 pm by Elnino
OK I've installed it. I understood it works because Google indexed the content of the site. The problem is that I want my content private and password protected so I guess there's not solution there or is it?
Oct 27, 2016 8:10 pm by Edvard
Hi, I do not know any solution for that. Thanks!