Forum Archive - problem with <span class="notranslate"></span>

problem with <span class="notranslate"></span>
Dec 13, 2010 7:15 am by carstene
I'm using this wonderfull plugin on a site where i also display code. You guessed it, the code also gets translated, which is not what I want. So I put the classname in the div around the code, but it is still translating. I tested the classname in the span, and that seems to work, but not in this plugin (which probably also works with jQuery). Is this classname also supose to work when used on other elements? (When using a span and the content contains div and p then the code is not valid html). this is the plugin to display code real nice: http://extensions.joomla.org/extensions ... F0aW9uIjt9 I tried to play around with the plugin order, to make sure the code-plugin gets processed first (to add the classname), but this is a module and I can't set the order of loading. Any ideas?
Re: problem with <span class="notranslate"></span>
Dec 13, 2010 9:59 am by Edvard
It supposed to work with any tag. You can use <div class="notranslate"></div> instead. Can I see it on your site?
Dec 13, 2010 10:48 am by carstene
Can I see it on your site? yes, its in the code. but the problem seems to be that other plugin jQueries the code layout and gtranslate has already altered the content. In joomla, gTranslate should be a system plugin which should be triggered on the onAfterRender-event. And it could even do the whole thing serverside. To display the select the module is fine.
Dec 13, 2010 11:01 am by Edvard
So how do I test it on your site? Where is the URL?
Dec 13, 2010 1:13 pm by carstene
o, like that. No its a development server. No public access. You can download and install the module to see what I mean.