Forum Archive - Turn off auto translation

Turn off auto translation
May 24, 2011 12:53 pm by astronaughtee
I'm developing a wordpress site for a friend who is supplying the text in French. I have set the default language as French, but i notice that when i go and view a page it briefly shows it in French before translating it in English for me (without me choosing to do so by the GT widget). How is it doing this ? If i viewed the same page in France, will it stay in french (until i choose a language myself) ? Is it somehow detecting my region ? Is there a way to turn this off, so it always shows the choosen default language until the user chooses a another language? Many thanks if you can shed some light on this. ps great plugin (even more so as soon as i have my head around the above)
Re: Turn off auto translation
May 25, 2011 9:41 am by Edvard
Hi, If you use On Fly translation method and have selected English once it will set a cookie, so next time you will visit the page or navigate elsewhere it will translate the page from French to English automatically. If you select French again it will not happen again. If you don't want to see French before translating it into English you need to use the Pro version.