Forum Archive - Loader installed but still getting requires ioncube error

Loader installed but still getting requires ioncube error
May 24, 2011 1:12 pm by jenjgodin
I went through the directions step by step and installed the ioncube loader and got a 'loader installed successfully' message: Loader Installed Successfully The ionCube Loader version 4.0.8 is installed and encoded files should run successfully. But when I try to use translator tool on my site I get the following error: Site error: the file /homepages/41/d311615399/htdocs/tse/gtranslate/translate.php requires the ionCube PHP Loader ioncube_loader_lin_5.2.so to be installed by the website operator. If you are the website operator please use the ionCube Loader Wizard to assist with installation.
Re: Loader installed but still getting requires ioncube err
May 24, 2011 4:46 pm by Edvard
You need to install it for gtranslate directory. Please check it with your hosting provider. May be it is active for your root directory, but not in gtranslate directory.
May 24, 2011 5:09 pm by jenjgodin
I've checked with them and they do not provide support for third party applications. Can you be more specific about how I can find out what directories it is active for? Thanks, Jennifer
May 25, 2011 9:43 am by Edvard
If you have modified a php.ini file to enable ionCube then you can try to place that file into gtranslate folder. You can upload info.php file from the package into gtranslate folder and open it in the browser to see if the ionCube loader is installed and which php.ini file is loaded.
May 25, 2011 12:16 pm by jenjgodin
I put a copy of my php.ini file from my root folder into my gtranslate folder and it works now. I am not able to manually edit the translations though. When I add ?language_edit=1 to the end of the url of that translated page that I want to manually edit I see little pencil markers next to all of the text, but when I click on them a light box pops up with a orange border but the rest of the screen is blank. There isn't even a close button. I have to hit the back browser button to get out of it. Is this related to the same problem I was havign before (ioncube) or is this a new problem to have to solve? If so, I should create a new thread? Thanks,
May 26, 2011 8:37 am by Edvard
No, it is not related to ionCube. Try to edit the languages with Firefox browser, if that doesn't work please open a new thread.