Forum Archive - 404 Problems Wordpress

404 Problems Wordpress
May 24, 2011 7:07 pm by visitsaltburn
I have followed the troubleshooting. I have all of the modules installed. I have edited the .htaccess file to: #--- DH-PHP handlers --- AddHandler fastcgi-script fcg fcgi fpl AddHandler php-fastcgi .php Action php-fastcgi /cgi-bin/dispatch.fcgi # BEGIN WordPress <IfModule mod_rewrite.c> RewriteEngine On RewriteBase / RewriteRule ^index\.php$ - [L] RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d RewriteRule . /index.php [L] </IfModule> # END WordPress # gtranslate config <IfModule mod_rewrite.c> RewriteEngine On RewriteRule ^([a-z]{2}|zh-CN|zh-TW)/([a-z]{2}|zh-CN|zh-TW)/(.*)$ /$1/$3 [R=301,L] RewriteRule ^([a-z]{2}|zh-CN|zh-TW)/([a-z]{2}|zh-CN|zh-TW)$ /$1/ [R=301,L] RewriteRule ^([a-z]{2}|zh-CN|zh-TW)/(.*)$ /gtranslate/translate.php?lang=$1&url=$2 [L,QSA] RewriteRule ^([a-z]{2}|zh-CN|zh-TW)$ /gtranslate/translate.php?lang=$1 [L,QSA] </IfModule> # gtranslate config I have also added the sitemap.txt and the robots.txt file. I have setup the plugin as pro and set it to re-direct but it keeps on giving a 404 error. Could you please advise where I have been going wrong? You can view the site here: http://www.visitsaltburnbythesea.co.uk
Re: 404 Problems Wordpress
May 25, 2011 9:46 am by Edvard
You have placed # gtranslate config into a wrong place. It need to be after RewriteEngine On line inside # BEGIN WordPress config block, but you placed it after.
Jun 4, 2011 9:23 pm by visitsaltburn
Sorry I didn't see your reply earlier. Okay I've changed the .htaccess file to: #--- DH-PHP handlers --- AddHandler fastcgi-script fcg fcgi fpl AddHandler php-fastcgi .php Action php-fastcgi /cgi-bin/dispatch.fcgi # BEGIN WordPress <IfModule mod_rewrite.c> RewriteEngine On # gtranslate config RewriteRule ^([a-z]{2}|zh-CN|zh-TW)/([a-z]{2}|zh-CN|zh-TW)/(.*)$ /$1/$3 [R=301,L] RewriteRule ^([a-z]{2}|zh-CN|zh-TW)/([a-z]{2}|zh-CN|zh-TW)$ /$1/ [R=301,L] RewriteRule ^([a-z]{2}|zh-CN|zh-TW)/(.*)$ /gtranslate/translate.php?lang=$1&url=$2 [L,QSA] RewriteRule ^([a-z]{2}|zh-CN|zh-TW)$ /gtranslate/translate.php?lang=$1 [L,QSA] # Continue Standard WordPress config RewriteBase / RewriteRule ^index\.php$ - [L] RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d RewriteRule . /index.php [L] </IfModule> # END WordPress And now the various sections load, but they remain in English and don't translate to the appropriate language... I must be doing something else wrong. Thoughts?
Jun 4, 2011 10:15 pm by visitsaltburn
I turned on the debugger and got it to work, if somewhat spottily, but after switching the debugger off again all seems to be working properly. Thanks! BTW any idea if google really will shut down this API? Especially for well behaved plugins like this?
Jun 6, 2011 7:08 am by Edvard
I think they are going to make it commercial. But no worries, Microsoft is offering a similar translator API.