Forum Archive - Updated WP Plugin bricked website. Can't roll back version.

Updated WP Plugin bricked website. Can't roll back version.
Jan 2, 2017 6:50 pm by mattbradley85
Hi there, I'm running gtranslate PRO on Wordpress on a Windows IIS 7.5 Server. I just recently tried to update my gtranslate plugin to 2.87 and the plugin update bricked my site with a 500 error. I believe I running an earlier version of 2.8x. However, when I try to roll back to an earlier version of the WP plugin, none of the plugins will successfully activate. Instead, they all continue to brick my website. Currently, I have the plugin deactivated. However, because the translations are stored remotely, they still seem to be working fine (finishlynx.com/es/). Is there something I'm missing while trying to reactivate the local widget? Is there a local client setting somewhere that needs to be edited in order to successfully reactivate the plugin on my site? Could really use some help! Thank you!
Re: Updated WP Plugin bricked website. Can't roll back versi
Jan 3, 2017 12:43 am by Edvard
Hi, Can you check the PHP error log and post the error you get? The GTranslate widget is only a language selector, your service works intact even if you do not have the selector on your website. Thanks!
Jan 3, 2017 4:20 pm by mattbradley85
Since the last post, I was able to roll back to version 2.0.10. Though I'm 99% sure I had at least version 2.81+ working on my install. I took a look at my PHP errors and couldn't isolate the exact moment I made the upgrade because the logs have been overwitten. But my log is filled with mostly the same error (even on my current "working" install) PHP Notice: curl_setopt(): CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYHOST no longer accepts the value 1, value 2 will be used instead in C:\inetpub\wwwroot\gtranslate\gtranslate.php on line 97
Jan 3, 2017 8:06 pm by Edvard
Hi, The PHP notice is not related to the plugin and it is not important. If you can enable the GTranslate latest plugin and send the error or you are ready to provide access to your website/hosting I can check it for you and provide a solution. Thanks!
Jan 4, 2017 9:12 pm by mattbradley85
I appreciate the help. I will give the upgrade another try and see if I can log the PHP error during the upgrade.
Jan 4, 2017 9:29 pm by Edvard
Thanks!