Forum Archive - Translation not working - random gibberish symbols sometimes

Translation not working - random gibberish symbols sometimes
Feb 13, 2017 4:55 pm by PolishedGeek
GTranslate is not working properly on one of our sites. We have an Enterprise license but are not getting support. Please help. Here are examples of what we are seeing. Randomly the translation throws up gibberish characters. This is a live site, please investigate ASAP. https://cl.ly/1T033L2c0C0e https://cl.ly/0i2N2Z2Q0f1p
Re: Translation not working - random gibberish symbols somet
Feb 14, 2017 6:47 am by Edvard
Hi, Please turn off Gzip compression. Thanks!
Feb 14, 2017 12:30 pm by PolishedGeek
Gzip makes a huge difference in the speed of the site. Are you saying that GTranslate and Gzip are not compatible?
Feb 14, 2017 12:33 pm by PolishedGeek
Also - we were using Gzip on both of our translated sites, and only one was showing this problem. I've turned it off on both for now, but I'd really like to know how we can continue to use Gzip compression with GTranslate.
Feb 14, 2017 3:47 pm by Edvard
Hi, Gzip is compatible with GTranslate, but it seems that your website gzips the response 2 times, one from application side, one from server side. So you better leave server side gzip and turn off the application gzip. Thanks!