Forum Archive - Auto detect the language of the browser/OS/User in Joomla

Auto detect the language of the browser/OS/User in Joomla
Feb 23, 2017 5:23 am by emilio_n
Hi There, Trying the Startup subscription, most of the things looks great. I am running a Joomla Site and I want to know how to auto detect the browser language of the user to show this language by default. I have a Social community in the site made with EasySocial and could be great is the user can select his/her desired language in the profile and GTranslate use this for the selection too. I suppose the second one is not easy to implement, but How I make the first one? Thanks! Emilio.
Re: Auto detect the language of the browser/OS/User in Jooml
Feb 23, 2017 11:30 am by Yana
Hi, It will require some programming skills. You should be able to detect browser language by locale_accept_from_http($_SERVER['HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE']);
Feb 24, 2017 12:47 am by emilio_n
Thanks Yana, Any tips about where/how to implement this in a joomla? Anybody that do already? :-D Thanks.
Feb 27, 2017 12:34 am by Edvard
Hi, We do not recommend auto detection and do not provide any code for that. But it is possible. You can use it at your own risk. Thanks!