Forum Archive - Remember last used translation?

Remember last used translation?
May 20, 2011 8:48 pm by segaodma
How can I make the code to remember last used translation?
Re: Remember last used translation?
May 21, 2011 2:50 pm by Edvard
If you are using On Fly translation method, then it will save the selected language in the cookie.
May 24, 2011 4:12 pm by segaodma
Why was my post deleted?
May 24, 2011 9:38 pm by segaodma
Instead of giving me a solution, you deleted my post... I said that the cookie does not remember the last used language on OnFly translation. It keeps the language only until you close the brorwser.
May 25, 2011 10:07 am by Edvard
I did not delete your post. And don't understand why you are attacking me. May be I'm signed to provide you a free support and I don't do that?
May 25, 2011 3:23 pm by segaodma
I'm sorry for the misunderstanding. My post was like "Instead of giving me a solution, you deleted my post", you did try to help me and so it excludes you... right? ;)
May 27, 2011 9:55 pm by segaodma
So, we changed the theme in another direction. Is there a solution for this?
May 31, 2011 8:04 am by Edvard
Hi, I think that I've already answered to your question. If you use On Fly translation method it will save the selected language in the cookie. You can try to set a longer cookie time by modifying the code.
Jun 10, 2011 12:07 pm by [email protected]
Hey Edvard, Thanks for this info. Could you please post the name of this cookie, and maybe some PHP for retrieving it? Thanks, K
Jun 10, 2011 1:08 pm by Edvard
The cookie name is glang, you can get it with PHP by using $_COOKIE['glang'].
Jun 10, 2011 4:41 pm by [email protected]
Thanks again. Interestingly, I have the page translated to German, and I have installed a Firefox Cookie Manager extension, and I don't see that one in the list, even after changing languages to Spanish. No matter and no urgency, because I followed your other tip, and am pulling the glang from the URL. Best, K
Jun 11, 2011 9:39 am by Edvard
Good. Just a note: cookie works only in On Fly translation method.
Mar 17, 2015 8:44 pm by tiekubd
Does this still work, i.e. language is remembered?
Mar 19, 2015 10:11 am by Yana
Hi, Yes. Please note that with the Pro or Enterprise version you should use redirect translation method.