Forum Archive - Multiple question (login, authorization to edit...)

Multiple question (login, authorization to edit...)
Feb 20, 2017 12:47 pm by José Soares
Hello, I'm no expert, but i wanna translate a site, and to do so I'm using GTranslate TDN (10€/month) paid version (i don't know exactly what it means, but i should be able to edit translations, and that's what i wanted). I have a lot of problems: 1- When i first tried to edit a text, it asked for credentials, and after i put them the edit was a success, but after that i tried on another text, that is part of a button and after i edit and hit save, a warning popped up saying: "You are not authorized to edit that text.". In the hole site, i found 2 places where this happens, the rest is fine. I searched posts on Gtranslate forum, and read a lot of them, and i couldn't solve my problem. So, almost everything is translated, except those parts. 2- The moment i found out only a few parts weren't able to be translated, i figured I'd translate everything i can, and then go back to try and solve the problem. So i started editing all i wanted, and there's a specific button i can't translate because i can't click on the pencil. I tried to change the size of the box, and stuff, so that the pencil could be a little more out of the box, but the pencil keeps inside the button box no matter what, so i can't click on it, there for can't edit the translation... 3- I have my site on En (main language), and want to translate to De and Pt (I'm only working on the Pt version right now). When i login (Log1) on En site, and then click to translate to Pt everything is translated, but my log isn't logged in anymore, it's like the website forgot that i had logged in. If i login (Log2) on the Pt version, and then try to change to En, same thing happens... it translates but comes back to the "original" log (Log1). I'm not sure if this is a bug, or even a problem to me, but I'd like you to tell me by your experience if this is a good thing (i don't think so) or if it is something that I need to think about having or not, or if it's a bug and if so, I ask for your help. These are the 3 problems that I've been looking for answers for, in about a week on your forum. I've found some posts that worked for other people, but when i tried to do the same, i couldn't do it because it wasn't the exact same problem, or when it was, i didn't have the skills to do it. If you could help me, I'd be very grateful. Regards, José
Re: Multiple question (login, authorization to edit...)
Feb 20, 2017 3:24 pm by Yana
Hi, 1. Please post your website address and the page link which is not translated. 2. To enable translation for input buttons you need to add tval to class attribute. Please check the following post can-edit-translation-for-some-parts-page-t4712.html#p20314 3. Please set cookie domain with the dot. For example .yourdomain.com If you can provide access I can look into for you.
Feb 23, 2017 11:54 am by José Soares
Hello, Thank you for your reply, i really appreciate it. 1) website: http://ddicas.pt The page that has the button I'm trying to translate and i can't because it says: "You are not authorized to edit that text." when i click save is the homepage, you can see that there's a button: "Learn more" it should be translated to "Saber mais" in Pt (http://pt.ddicas.pt) and not "Aprender mais". 2) I've seen that post, and read it like 100x times, and I still can't understand how to exactly create a separate html page. I've copied the source code from clicking right button of the mouse on the page and then i tried to create a page on Wordpress, and paste the code there and access the page but it is all miss configured (configuration kinda random) and i can't access the edit page after that. If you could teach me exactly how to do that I'd appreciate it. In this case I cannot even click the pencil (edit button), so the problem is not on the homepage, it's on: http://pt.ddicas.pt/index.php/register-2/?step=register the button that says: "Cadastro minha conta" at the bottom of the page, it should say: "Cadastrar" instead. 3) I opened the wp-config.php file and added the following line: define( 'COOKIE_DOMAIN', '.ddicas.pt'); I added this line right before "* Authentication Unique Keys and Salts." just in case I'm putting it on the wrong place. It didn't do anything that I've noticed, so i took it off again. Did I do something wrong? I really appreciate that you could look into for me, but I'd rather you to teach me how to do it. Thanks! Regards, José
Feb 23, 2017 1:40 pm by Edvard
Hi, I have modified the translations for you. Please check and let me know what else you would like to change. Thanks!
Feb 24, 2017 12:12 pm by José Soares
Hi, Thank you for your help, now I've got 1) and 2) solved. But I still need help on the 3), the translations are now correct, but everytime i change from En to Pt or Pt to En, the logged in account changes. I've done what Yana told me, or at least I think I did, and it didn't work. Did I do something wrong, or the problem doesn't have a fix yet? Thanks for your quick reply. Regards, José
Feb 24, 2017 7:14 pm by Edvard
Hi, I cannot confirm that cookie domain is set for your website. Thanks!
Mar 1, 2017 2:13 pm by José Soares
Hi, I apologize, I commented the code because I thought it wasn't working. I took out the comment, so the cookie domain should be set now. Even though the problem persists. Regards, José
Mar 1, 2017 5:03 pm by Edvard
Hi, I have checked and still cannot confirm that it is setting cookies with cookie domain = .ddicas.pt Please contact our live chat and our agents will try to help you: https://gtranslate.io/#contact Thanks!
Mar 8, 2017 2:30 pm by José Soares
Hello, I've done what you said and talked via chat with support. After some time for some reason all started to work, I had not changed the wp-config.php, it always had the "define( 'COOKIE_DOMAIN', '.ddicas.pt');" code line. It is working now, thank you for your help. Regars, Jose
Mar 8, 2017 10:17 pm by Edvard
You are welcome. Thanks!