Forum Archive - Using GTranslate on dev/staging sites

Using GTranslate on dev/staging sites
May 20, 2011 2:00 pm by arif
We've installed GTrans;ater Pro on our dev site. When using GTranslate to choose a language, it takes me to the login page and it translates that page, so it never translates the actual website page, which is weird. I assume this has something to do with the dev site being requiring a login, although it was working well when first installed, so I’m just wondering if there are any config files that need to be changed to enable GTranslate on dev and/or what settings will need to be change once live? Thanks, A
Re: Using GTranslate on dev/staging sites
May 21, 2011 2:47 pm by Edvard
Does your dev site require HTTP Authorization?
May 23, 2011 1:07 pm by arif
Yes, it does require HTTP Authorization. If we turned off the Authorization for this dev site, would GTranslate work properly? Thanks!
May 23, 2011 4:00 pm by Edvard
Yes.
May 31, 2011 9:02 pm by arif
Update: We were able to fix the styling issues we were having (it had to be turned to Google Default translation). However, the flags above the drop-down are not working because they are not storing cookies properly. Has this happened before?
Jun 3, 2011 8:11 am by Edvard
You need to use Redirect translation method instead of Google Default.