Forum Archive - Post urls not translated if switch to different language

Post urls not translated if switch to different language
Aug 2, 2017 9:24 am by merovatis
Hi, Im using the trial version in a wordpress site and im facing the folowing problem: If i go to a post in main language (greek) and then press the flag for english translation while im in the post (i use the widget for language selection), the url is not changed to the new one that i have edited with ?language_edit=1. Now if i go to the category where the post belongs and press on the post link, the correct url is used. It seems that the flag's urls are not using the new translated urls. I have cleared cache and reset permalinks before i check. Regards George
Re: Post urls not translated if switch to different language
Aug 3, 2017 8:46 am by Yana
Hi, Please post your website address, so we can check it or contact us via live chat support. Thanks!
Aug 3, 2017 11:35 am by merovatis
Hi, I have sent it through live chat. Regards George
Aug 3, 2017 12:39 pm by Yana
Thank you. I'll check it.
Aug 3, 2017 3:34 pm by Edvard
Hi, The non translated URL will be used when you switch a language. But search engines will index the translated URL, because it is defined by canonical meta tag: Both URLs are identical. You will see non translated URL when you change the language, it only happens when you switch a language. Search engines will index the translated one which is defined by canonical link: <link rel="canonical" href="http://www.domain.com/en/translated-text/" /> ​Thanks!