Forum Archive - Fail on Edit Translation

Fail on Edit Translation
May 31, 2011 4:22 pm by miamiman
Have been using Gtranslate for a while now. Everything fine. But today, when I went to manually edit a page [?language_edit=1], I get a "fail" error although the username and password are correct? Using latest Chrome and Firefox. Any idea?
Re: Fail on Edit Translation
Jun 2, 2011 4:59 pm by Janz
Hi, I have exactly the same problem. What is the solution to that please? Thanks
Jun 2, 2011 5:14 pm by Janz
I also find this errors: Webpage error details User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.0; Trident/4.0; Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1) ; SLCC1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; Media Center PC 5.0; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; InfoPath.2; .NET4.0C; .NET4.0E) Timestamp: Thu, 2 Jun 2011 17:13:39 UTC Message: 'document.getElementsByName(...).0.innerHTML' is null or not an object Line: 1503 Char: 206 Code: 0 URI: http://www.mydomain.com/cs/?language_edit=1
Jun 3, 2011 8:09 am by Edvard
Try to use Firefox for editing and make sure that you enter a correct username and password as defined in gtranslate/config.php file.
Jun 3, 2011 12:16 pm by Janz
Hi, I tried the Firefox, IE, Opera and Safari and all the same! :( Password is ok. Any other ideas please? Thanks
Jun 3, 2011 12:29 pm by Edvard
What is the same? You see javascript errors or it shows fail after you make the manual translation, enter your login and password and hit save?
Jun 3, 2011 12:46 pm by miamiman
I too am having the same problem and have tried with FF/IE/CHROME. Username/Password are correct re: config. file. Cache file set to 777. I don't see any errors besides saying "fail" on editing. Surely, this is javascript conflict error? Which one? Page shows no errors. Help.
Jun 3, 2011 12:51 pm by Edvard
If you see fail, it is not a javascript conflict. It is because you enter a wrong user/pass or the language folder is not writable. gtranslate/cache/XX folders should have 777 permission.
Jun 3, 2011 1:10 pm by miamiman
Edvard, I have checked (and rechecked). 1. Config file username/password are correct. 2. .gtranslate/cache/XX are all set to 777. And am still getting "fail" on FF/IE/CHROME when editing. Please advise.
Jun 3, 2011 1:11 pm by Edvard
Can you post your config.php file here? I have doubts that you did something wrong in it when defining the username and password.
Jun 3, 2011 1:21 pm by Janz
Hi, I check the Chmods, and they are the same. All I get on any browser is "Fail" error. Thanks Here is the config: <?php define('API_KEY', 'AIzaSyAcWjmSzgG7sU5ry7NSCKe2lBPkDeZczVw'); // You need to get your Google Translate API key from https://code.google.com/apis/console/?api=translate define('MAIN_LANG', 'en'); // en, ar, bg, hr, cn, ct, cs, da, et, tl, fi, fr, gl, el, iw, hi, es, nl, id, ja, ca, ko, lt, lv, mt, de, no, pt, ru, ro, sr, sk, sl, sv, th, tr, uk, hu, vi, it, pl, sq define('AUTO_DETECT_LANG', false); // set to true if you have mixed language content define('CACHE_TIME', 365*24*60*60); // 1 year by default, no need to decrease define('LICENSE', 'license.dat'); define('SSL_VERIFY_PEER', true); // disable if you get CA certificate error and cannot reconfigure your server to solve the issue define('DEBUG', false); // turn on for debug mode // username and password to edit translations, please change for security reasons, // this is not your google login/pass, you need to think something new define('TestingUser', 'user'); define('TestingPass', 'pass');
Jun 3, 2011 1:25 pm by miamiman
Here goes: Just changed the api/user/password. All looks correct ===== define('API_KEY', 'googleapitemp'); // You need to get your Google Translate API key from https://code.google.com/apis/console/?api=translate define('MAIN_LANG', 'es'); // en, ar, bg, hr, cn, ct, cs, da, et, tl, fi, fr, gl, el, iw, hi, es, nl, id, ja, ca, ko, lt, lv, mt, de, no, pt, ru, ro, sr, sk, sl, sv, th, tr, uk, hu, vi, it, pl, sq define('AUTO_DETECT_LANG', false); // set to true if you have mixed language content define('CACHE_TIME', 365*24*60*60); // 1 year by default, no need to decrease define('LICENSE', 'license.dat'); define('SSL_VERIFY_PEER', true); // disable if you get CA certificate error and cannot reconfigure your server to solve the issue define('DEBUG', false); // turn on for debug mode // username and password to edit translations, please change for security reasons, // this is not your google login/pass, you need to think something new define('USER', 'usertemp'); define('PASS', 'userpass'); =====
Jun 3, 2011 2:13 pm by Janz
Unfortunately, I still have the Fail message ;(
Jun 6, 2011 6:57 am by Edvard
You have a wrong config.php. Instead of define('TestingUser', 'user'); define('TestingPass', 'pass'); you should have this: define('USER', 'TestingUser'); define('PASS', 'TestingPass');
Jun 6, 2011 10:27 am by Janz
YES! Funny how such a small thing could make a mess ;) Anyway. Thanks Edvard!