Forum Archive - Translated pages fail to load almost half the time.

Translated pages fail to load almost half the time.
Sep 12, 2017 5:24 am by reyesrios
I have a multisite in a shared godaddy hosting. ryma.cinvestav.mx I use wordpress, and configured sub-directory URL structure (http://ryma.cinvestav.mx/en/) I installed the pro version (still in free 15 days trial), and i configured to spanish/english. Spanish pages load immediately, but translated ones sometimes take too long, and about 40% of the time simply fail to load with this error: ------------------------------------------------------------------- An error occurred. Sorry, the page you are looking for is currently unavailable. Please try again later. If you see this error constantly and you are the system administrator of this resource then please make sure that your website is online and you are not blocking our IP address: 51.255.65.216 ------------------------------------------------------------------- I checked that the ip address is not blocked. I ran several experiments loading multiple spanish pages, and the translated versions at the same time, to check if the server can handle them. It can!. at least all spanish pages. Translated ones fail almost half the time. What could it be?. :cry:
Re: Translated pages fail to load almost half the time.
Sep 13, 2017 1:21 am by Edvard
Hi, I would recommend using cloudflare with your hosting to make it stable. I have checked our error logs and can see that we are not able to access your original content in less than 5 seconds time which causes a time-out and you see the error. Thanks!
Sep 13, 2017 3:02 am by reyesrios
Thanks for the replay Edvard. From where do you perform testing?. Using the pingdom.com, i can test my wesites, from San Jose Calif. server, and they always load below the 5 sec. (the original content). But once i use the translated version, it always increases drastically, (using the same tool), and sometimes it just shows the error. I have run several experiments of loading speed, and the problem is not in the loading time. I have also configured the cloudflare, and it is apparently working. But, the problem remains when using the translated version. I am convinced now that the problem is not my server speed. It has to do with the translator taking too long or doing something wrong, and then showing that error. It is somehow random. UPDATE: Now it is failing 1 every 10 clicks, (only the translated version). But once it fails one time, I keep trying to access the same page or any other translated the page, and it keeps failing for about 30 seconds. But at the same time, i can load original content pages normally in the same browser, and other browsers. What else could it be?. Where is your server?. can it be configured to wait longer?. Or is it my configuration of Gtranslate?. I have the latest version. :| Thanks a lot. Reyes.
Sep 13, 2017 8:30 pm by Edvard
Hi, I cannot confirm you are using Cloudflare yet. It may be your hosting firewall doesn't allow our server to access it. We are not able to access your original content in a timely manner to translate it, the translation process is very fast and takes milliseconds. When you use Cloudflare, we will access your original content from Cloudflare and hopefully the issue will be fixed. Thanks!