Forum Archive - Search in Joomla

Search in Joomla
Sep 26, 2017 4:52 am by renejdm
Hi, Does this product work with Search in Joomla or directory searches? I tried to use JReviews and the search feature of JReviews will not allow you to search in other languages. The text you see on a webpage is translated, but if you try to search for the translated text (which someone would do coming to your website with a different native language), you cannot. If I set my website up in English, then search only works in English. This would be a very common problem. Do you have a solution?
Re: Search in Joomla
Sep 28, 2017 8:19 am by Yana
Hi, For search in translated versions you should use google search widget .
Oct 6, 2017 4:36 pm by renejdm
Hi Yana, From your answer I take it that this problem cannot be solved. Here is the scenario. I have an English website. I also have gTranslate. When someone from Italy views my website, the text is automatically translated into Italian. Everything is good. Now when the Italian person is typing an Italian search string into the search box, (s)he will not find anything because the translated text has not been indexed. So how does one solve this problem? You say that you have hosted translations for your paid version. Wouldn't the hosted translations be indexed and therefore searchable? Rene
Oct 6, 2017 6:34 pm by Yana
Dear Rene, You will need to wait for google to index your translated pages, then you can use google search widget for your website instead of your search function. It will find pages in different languages which are already indexed.