Forum Archive - Using the nontranslate tag for some parts of the site

Using the nontranslate tag for some parts of the site
Nov 12, 2017 9:10 am by m2ecomm
We are quite satisfied with GTranslate but we want to exclude some parts of our website from being automatically translated. We already accomplished that by placing the <span class="notranslate">Span</span> span manually in some contents and in the respective template files. Now we want to exclude the content of only one specific category from beeing translated. I think there is some way to do that in WordPress by using the $category parameter similar to the following example: function is_category( $category = '' ) { global $wp_query; if ( ! isset( $wp_query ) ) { _doing_it_wrong( __FUNCTION__, __( 'Conditional query tags do not work before the query is run. Before then, they always return false.' ), '3.1.0' ); return false; } return $wp_query->is_category( $category ); } But we don't know how to wrap the content into the "notranslate" Span. Do you have any solution for that? Thanks and best regards!
Re: Using the nontranslate tag for some parts of the site
Nov 12, 2017 10:29 am by m2ecomm
After checking further I found out that using an action hook probably would be the best method to achieve this but I don't know how to correctly insert the NoTranslate span only for the product description: add_action( 'wp', 'disable_translation' ); function disable_translation() { // If a product in the 'Cookware' category is being viewed... if ( is_product() && has_term( 'Cookware', 'product_cat' ) ) { //... Wrap the product description into notranslate span to disable the translation <span class="notranslate">???????????????????</span> } } Could anybody kindly tell me how to do this? Thanks a lot!
Re: Using the nontranslate tag for some parts of the site
Nov 14, 2017 1:03 pm by Yana
Hi, You can try to add notranslate class using javascript code .