Forum Archive - ioCube

ioCube
Jun 10, 2011 11:00 am by roberth
Hi, I intend to buy the pro version, but, on my host (hostgator) ionCube is available only on VPS. It is any chance that this extension to work without ionCube? Thank you.
Re: ioCube
Jun 10, 2011 12:55 pm by Edvard
It will not work without ionCube. Please check how to enable ionCube on your server. I'm not sure that it is available only on VPS.
Jun 10, 2011 3:37 pm by roberth
Hi, thanks for your reply. I have asked on technical support and they told me that. I am very unhappy with this hosting, they lie about unlimited domains... and sometimes my sites are loading in minutes.... Anyway I will try to find if I could activate ionCube myself but I have serious doubts. The only good thing on Hostgator is the support... :? :( Hmmm, very strange, I have look in Joomla Info and I have found this: "This program makes use of the Zend Scripting Language Engine: Zend Engine v2.2.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2010 Zend Technologies with the ionCube PHP Loader v4.0.8, Copyright (c) 2002-2011, by ionCube Ltd., and with Zend Optimizer v3.3.9, Copyright (c) 1998-2009, by Zend Technologies" that is not like ionCube is installed?
Jun 11, 2011 9:29 am by Edvard
Hi, If in PHP Info you can see ionCube then it is installed.

Try GTranslate with a free 15 day trial