Forum Archive - [Solved] GTranslate ignoring No Translate

[Solved] GTranslate ignoring No Translate
Jun 10, 2011 10:52 am by [email protected]
I am building and inserting custom URLs into my page, and surrounding them with no translate spans, per the FAQ, and gTranslate is translating them anyway. For example, http://newtetra4d.cloudaccess.net/fr/buy-now.html, the first row of the table, the first td, I have a computed URL, after translation, of https: / / secure.payproglobal.com / orderpage.aspx produits = 57781 & lang = fr & devise = 1 You can see that product is being translated and currency is being translated to devise, and the ampersands are being converted to that funky pseudo ampersand symbol. The code for that is: <span class="notranslate">{source}&lt;?php echo $productlink1; ?&gt;{/source}</span> Hm, OK, it looks like gTranslate is translating even the ampersands in the escape characters. This is a little confusing. Anyone have an idea how I can get my URLs to not be translated, and ultimately use them in an href? Thanks, K
Re: GTranslate ignoring No Translate
Jun 10, 2011 1:06 pm by Edvard
I'm not able to find notranslate in the source code. Also, I don't understand if you want to skip translation of the texts or want to skip language code to be added into the URL. In the second case you will need to add class="nturl" to <a> tag, like <a href="..." class="nturl"...
Jun 10, 2011 4:46 pm by [email protected]
You are mostly right.... ATM, there is only one notranslate and only at the top of the page, where I am echoing variables for testing, like: <div class="article-content"> <span class="notranslate"> I probably had a lot of issues, due mainly to inexperience, but now that I am building the URLs completely in PHP before trying to use them, rather than concatenating all the syntaxes, and also have put the nturls *after* the href blah, like href blah class=nturl, rather than href class=nturl blah, I am getting the behavior I want and working URLs. I lost some sleep, but have a happy client. Best, K
Jun 11, 2011 9:36 am by Edvard
OK, so everything is fine now?
Re: GTranslate ignoring No Translate - Solved
Jun 11, 2011 10:22 am by [email protected]
Yes. Thanks for gTranslate and your support. I added Solved to the subject :) Best, K