Forum Archive - I can't edit languages either.

I can't edit languages either.
Jun 14, 2011 1:56 pm by [email protected]
Hello, I am having problems getting Gtranslate Pro to work. My site is at staging.thesunflower.ca. I think maybe the fact that the site is not at the root of the httpdocs folder could be causing the problem, but I’m not sure. The site is running the latest version of WordPress. I have managed to get the pages to translate. I just cannot get to a "?language_edit=1" page. When I append that to a page’s URL, it simply re-loads. There’s no difference in the page. I don’t know what I’m supposed to be seeing. I have the four first services on the server, the my host told me the have ionCube PHP Loader v3.3.20. > Copy gtranslate folder to your www root (public_html or httpdocs) directory. Do you mean only the “gtranslate" folder? Or the whole “gtranslate_staging.thesunflower.ca” folder? I have only the gtranslate folder at the root httpdocs folder. I would have thought it went in the plugins folder. No? I have set the permissions of the cache folder properly. Can the user ID and password in the config.php file be anything? I have my kids names in there right now. No special characters or spaces. I have Bing translation turned on. I set the API key. I have the settings set to jquery. If I set it to Redirect, the translation stops working. These are the contents of my .htaccess file: # BEGIN WordPress <IfModule mod_rewrite.c> RewriteEngine On RewriteBase / RewriteRule ^index\.php$ - [L] RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d RewriteRule . /index.php [L] # gtranslate config RewriteRule ^([a-z]{2}|zh-CN|zh-TW)/([a-z]{2}|zh-CN|zh-TW)/(.*)$ /$1/$3 [R=301,L] RewriteRule ^([a-z]{2}|zh-CN|zh-TW)/([a-z]{2}|zh-CN|zh-TW)$ /$1/ [R=301,L] RewriteRule ^([a-z]{2}|zh-CN|zh-TW)/(.*)$ /gtranslate/translate.php?lang=$1&url=$2 [L,QSA] RewriteRule ^([a-z]{2}|zh-CN|zh-TW)$ /gtranslate/translate.php?lang=$1 [L,QSA] # ENDgtranslate config </IfModule> # END WordPress Help please. -- Regards, Alain Paradis Registered Graphic Designer Paradis Graphic Design tel: +1-613-618-2138
Re: I can't edit languages either.
Jun 15, 2011 6:44 pm by [email protected]
Hello, Can I get a bit of help here please? I really need GTranslate to work. Is anyone home?
Jun 16, 2011 12:45 pm by Edvard
Hi, I'm sure that if you go over troubleshooting you will find your answers: gtranslate/troubleshooting-gtranslate-pro-t368.html I must say that you didn't install it correctly. First, you must use Redirect to use Pro. It doesn't work because you did a mistake in .htaccess file and it is described how to solve in the troubleshooting: gtranslate/troubleshooting-gtranslate-pro-t368.html#3
Jun 16, 2011 9:13 pm by [email protected]
I've checked everything. I'm a designer, so I'm a bit out of my area of expertise here. These are my issues: - I am checking with my host if mod_rewrite is installed. They should get back to me soon. - should .htaccess by in my public_html folder? or the highest root of my host? - when I click on either of the flags to go to English or French, nothing happens at all. Not even a page re-load. - This is what's in my .htaccess file. Feel free to edit and return. # BEGIN WordPress <IfModule mod_rewrite.c> RewriteEngine On # gtranslate config RewriteRule ^([a-z]{2}|zh-CN|zh-TW)/([a-z]{2}|zh-CN|zh-TW)/(.*)$ /$1/$3 [R=301,L] RewriteRule ^([a-z]{2}|zh-CN|zh-TW)/([a-z]{2}|zh-CN|zh-TW)$ /$1/ [R=301,L] RewriteRule ^([a-z]{2}|zh-CN|zh-TW)/(.*)$ /gtranslate/translate.php?lang=$1&url=$2 [L,QSA] RewriteRule ^([a-z]{2}|zh-CN|zh-TW)$ /gtranslate/translate.php?lang=$1 [L,QSA] RewriteBase / RewriteRule ^index\.php$ - [L] RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d RewriteRule . /index.php [L] </IfModule> # END WordPress
Jun 16, 2011 9:35 pm by [email protected]
I'm getting closer! At least now I get a 404. A few minutes ago, nothing was happening. I bet you never heard someone be happy about getting a 404 error. ; )
Jun 16, 2011 9:48 pm by [email protected]
I put the info.php file in the gtranslate folder. But when I go to http://staging.thesunflower.ca/gtranslate/info.php, I get a 404 error. Is this part of the same problem?
Jun 17, 2011 12:57 am by [email protected]
I got this from my host: "Mod rewrite is installed on our server. To use mod_rewrite. You need to create rules and you put those rules into the .htaccess file. Unfortunately we do not provide help on how to create rules for mod_rewrite. Usually scripts like wordpress and plugins for wordpress will create this rules automatically. If it does not work for you that would be an issue with the plugin and you will need to get help from them." So I guess we have mod-rewrite. I don't know where to go from here.
Jun 17, 2011 10:32 am by Edvard
OK, so you say that you put info.php into gtranslate folder but http://staging.thesunflower.ca/gtranslate/info.php shows 404 error. May be you have placed gtranslate folder not into public_html folder? Please check with your host why you get 404 error.