Forum Archive - Virtue mart issue

Virtue mart issue
Feb 10, 2011 6:33 pm by [email protected]
Hi I have an issue in virtue mart when using the country URL. This is what happens in the checkout once an item is added to cart and checked out when using the standard .com link http://img42.imageshack.us/img42/1691/defaultoa.jpg Uploaded with ImageShack.us Now pic below is what happens in the checkout when using a country URL like /fr, its deleting the sessions, do you have any idea what I could do to fix this. thanks http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/9496/withlang.jpg Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Re: Virtue mart issue
Feb 11, 2011 11:36 am by Edvard
Hi, Currently the session handling is not implemented (it is already done in the next generation version, but it is not available yet), so there is only one walk-around which is to redirect checkout page to main language using .htaccess rewrite rules. I don't know if there is ajax based checkout page for VirtueMart which could be another solution.
May 16, 2011 8:52 am by [email protected]
When do you think will be ready "session handling"? Have you suggestions on how to write the rule that you recommended in the .htaccess file ? (waiting to be ready "session handling") Thanks Paolo Tateo - 101 VETRINE
May 16, 2011 12:19 pm by Edvard
It is already implemented.
May 24, 2011 9:22 pm by [email protected]
Mmmm ... in my site all is ok, except when I click on "Checkout" to pay, in a translated version of the site (in Italian works) Please, can you check? http://www.shoes4me.com Many thanks Paolo
May 25, 2011 10:03 am by Edvard
OK, so you see a blank page? It tries to redirect to the HTTPS version of the site, I'll see what can be done to fix that issue in the next version.
May 25, 2011 1:19 pm by [email protected]
Yes, I see a blank page. When do you think that go out the next version? Thanks
May 26, 2011 8:45 am by Edvard
I don't know yet. But, I think that if you move your site to be full https it will work.
Jun 3, 2011 10:23 pm by [email protected]
I tried to enable https, it does not work. Can you try and tell me what you think? If you can't solve, I call you money back and I search another solution. Thanks
Jun 6, 2011 2:48 pm by Edvard
Try the latest version and turn on FOLLOW_LOCATION option in config.php file.
Jun 10, 2011 2:41 pm by [email protected]
Hi, with the new version, if I turn off FOLLOW_LOCATION will not arrive at blank page, but when I checked out always returns the default language (Italian). If I turn on FOLLOW_LOCATION in the checkout process appair a blank page. Have You Any suggestion? FYI, I have installed a SSL cert. Thanks Paolo
Jun 14, 2011 10:08 am by vishwa
Hi, we are having a few issues in virtuemart too. when we get to the checkout page - the translation is dropped. it goes from eg www.yoursite.com/fr/ to www.yoursite.com/index.php. We have tried enabling FOLLOW_LOCATION. do you have any suggestions?
Jun 14, 2011 4:29 pm by c.van_linden
Hi, any news on this? we also has some similar issues, every time we click "add to cart" it goes back to the default language, other than that it works perfect so it would really be nice with a solution to this issue. are there any workaround? (We don't use SSL and turning on FOLLOW_LOCATION gives an error)
Jun 15, 2011 12:49 pm by vishwa
hi edvard any news on virtuemart checkout issue? we have disable SEF URLS and are getting the same problem. it is unfortunate the VM is coded so the the checkout jumps to index.php - we need a workaround urgently.. thanks >A
Jun 28, 2011 7:46 am by c.van_linden
Found one more issue, if you use the virtuemart product search it also reverts back to the default language. So both "add to cart" and "product search" removes the language code in the url. I would really appreciate a solution to this, it is the only real issues I have found and it hurts business as customer seems to leave the site when it changes to default language. I suppose in worst case I can live without the product search, but the add to cart/check out issue really needs to be addressed as it is functions all customers have to use.
Jun 28, 2011 7:49 am by [email protected]
Please edo888 !
Jul 4, 2011 9:53 am by c.van_linden
So is this something that will be resolved in future versions or can it simply not be done? I am aware of that you can use the On Fly (jQuery) method together with the redirect but it still requires the customer to choose language again in the cart/check out process if the customer came into the web-shop via the redirected url.