Forum Archive - Pro Version Doesn't Translate My New Blog Posts

Pro Version Doesn't Translate My New Blog Posts
Jul 9, 2011 1:18 pm by mox22
I purchased the pro version and had someone install it for me and get it set up. It worked fine a few days, but now it doesn't translate my new posts. What should I do? My url is http://getpaidwithfitness.net Thanks in advance!
Re: Pro Version Doesn't Translate My New Blog Posts
Jul 9, 2011 6:19 pm by Edvard
It seems that you are exceeding your Translation API daily usage. You just need to wait. I would suggest you to turn off the languages you are not interested in to save translation traffic.
Jul 16, 2011 7:17 pm by mox22
What is the easiest way to edit which the language settings?
Jul 16, 2011 7:21 pm by Edvard
Ex. to edit your home page on Spanish you need to go to http://getpaidwithfitness.net/es/?language_edit=1 In general you need to add ?language_edit=1 to your URL.
Jul 16, 2011 7:47 pm by mox22
I mean how do I turn off languages I'm not interested in? It seems like it just stopped working because every post I've made in the past few weeks will not translate. Do i need to edit the sitemap and remove some of the languages?
Jul 17, 2011 7:27 pm by Edvard
You need to remove them from sitemap.txt and also replace [a-z]{2} in .htaccess with the language names you want to be translated, e.g. en|fr|it|de|pt etc...
Jul 20, 2011 3:00 pm by mox22
I've looked all over and can't find the .htacess file, what folder is it in? Also, do I need to edit the widget code through the wordpress dashboard and delete the languages I don't want to use? Thanks so much for your help
Jul 20, 2011 5:43 pm by Edvard
It is in your www root folder, if you use an FTP client there should be option to display hidden files. Yes, you'll need to remove the languages from the GTranslate language selector too.
Jul 21, 2011 12:14 am by mox22
Ok, this is how I edit the .htacess file, Did I do it right? #--- DH-PHP handlers --- AddHandler fastcgi-script fcg fcgi fpl AddHandler php-fastcgi .php Action php-fastcgi /cgi-bin/dispatch.fcgi # BEGIN WordPress <IfModule mod_rewrite.c> RewriteEngine On # gtranslate config RewriteRule ^(en|es|fr|ru|it|de|hi|ja|pt|th|ar|id|ms|zh-CN|zh-TW)/(en|es|fr|ru|it|de|hi|ja|pt|th|ar|id|ms|zh-CN|zh-TW)/(.*)$ /$1/$3 [R=301,L] RewriteRule ^(en|es|fr|ru|it|de|hi|ja|pt|th|ar|id|ms|zh-CN|zh-TW)/(en|es|fr|ru|it|de|hi|ja|pt|th|ar|id|ms|zh-CN|zh-TW)$ /$1/ [R=301,L] RewriteRule ^(en|es|fr|ru|it|de|hi|ja|pt|th|ar|id|ms|zh-CN|zh-TW)/(.*)$ /gtranslate/translate.php?lang=$1&url=$2 [L,QSA] RewriteRule ^(en|es|fr|ru|it|de|hi|ja|pt|th|ar|id|ms|zh-CN|zh-TW)$ /gtranslate/translate.php?lang=$1 [L,QSA] RewriteBase / RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d RewriteRule . /index.php [L] </IfModule> # END WordPress I wasn't sure if I put the languages codes in the right spots?? Also, do I need en in there if english is the default language? Thanks again for your time
Jul 21, 2011 11:09 am by Edvard
It is correct. Yes, you can have en too.