Forum Archive - Problem with Gtranslate PRO

Problem with Gtranslate PRO
Jul 9, 2011 2:57 pm by [email protected]
Mr. Ananyan, please contact me soon, I have problems with Gtransale PRO: I have some portions of the pages, when I switch languages ​​part of the text on the page disappears or is not translated. I tried to solve the problem reading in your forum but without results till now. Thank you, Andrea
Re: Problem with Gtranslate PRO
Jul 9, 2011 6:15 pm by Edvard
Can you write the steps of what should I do to see the issue you describe?
Jul 9, 2011 6:39 pm by [email protected]
The component is now disabled, but I can turn it on .... If you tell me where I can write I can send you the login information to the control panel and ftp ...
Jul 9, 2011 6:41 pm by Edvard
If you want me to install it for you just PM me the access info.
Jul 9, 2011 6:51 pm by [email protected]
Okay to send information, but what is PM, where I send? Sorry but I'm not speaking English ....
Jul 9, 2011 6:52 pm by Edvard
PM is personal message. Or you can just email it to me.
Jul 9, 2011 7:05 pm by [email protected]
I sent an email to: edo888---gmail.com I hope goes well (let me know) thanks, Andrea
Jul 9, 2011 7:18 pm by Edvard
I can verify that you have installed it correctly. I can see that http://www.rustici.ch/en/ is translated into English. I can also see that your site exceeds the daily limit for the translations. If you see some parts of your page isn't translated, you need to wait a couple of days and it will get translated. I would suggest to turn off the languages you are not interested in, to save translation traffic and in that case it will translate your site much faster. Let me know if you want to do that.
Jul 9, 2011 7:29 pm by [email protected]
Yes. I would do this if possible Thanks...
Jul 9, 2011 7:40 pm by [email protected]
I still have a problem: if I click on the image links on the homepage languages of the text are not translated, and then the page disappears. (and there are other pages (menu 'Disponibiltà') where the css is not going well)
Jul 9, 2011 8:33 pm by Edvard
You need to remove the language codes from sitemap.txt file and left only those you want to be indexed in the search engines. Also you need to edit .htaccess file and replace ([a-z]{2}) with the languages codes you want to be translated separated by | , ex. en|ru|it|de|fr|nl etc... Also, I can see an issue, you have this in your source code: <link rel="stylesheet" href="components/com_rentalotplus/assets/com_rentalotplus.css" type="text/css" /> <link rel="stylesheet" href="components/com_rentalotplus/assets/jquery/themes/default/jquery.ui.all.css" type="text/css" /> <script src="components/com_rentalotplus/assets/jquery/jquery-1.4.4.js" type="text/javascript"></script> <script src="components/com_rentalotplus/assets/jquery/ui/jquery.ui.core.js" type="text/javascript"></script> as you can see the URLs are relative, so if you are on English page the pointing URL will be /en/components/com_rentalotplus/assets/jquery/ui/jquery.ui.core.js, etc... You need to make this URLs to be absolute path. ex. /components/com_rentalotplus/assets/jquery/ui/jquery.ui.core.js instead of components/com_rentalotplus/assets/jquery/ui/jquery.ui.core.js
Jul 10, 2011 7:39 pm by eujobcentre
Hi, I've installed Gtranslate Pro as instructed, but nothing seems to be working as described. My website is in the public_html, however the section of the website that I'd like translating is in a sub directory (Joomla) and that is where I've installed Gtranslate PRO......My main website is not Joomla driven..... Please advise. Joe
Jul 11, 2011 10:22 am by Edvard
It would be better to create a new topic for this. You still need to install it in public_html as instructed.
Jul 11, 2011 11:31 am by [email protected]
Hello, and thanks for the quick responses ... I have not figured out how I have to change in the source code: "You need to make this URLs to be absolute path. Ex. / components / com_rentalotplus / assets / jquery / ui / jquery.ui.core.js instead of components / com_rentalotplus / assets / jquery / ui / jquery.ui.core.js " Thank, Andrea
Jul 11, 2011 11:35 am by Edvard
OK. Why you don't enable Joomla SEF and Apache mod_rewrite from Global configurations? If it is enabled it adds <base> tag into the source code, which tells the browser the absolute path which needs to be taken into account for relative URLs. That might help.
Jul 11, 2011 6:54 pm by [email protected]
Ok, I did as you said, and I solved the problem of css. There are still some pages that do not go: I have yet to figure out how to change some links ...
Jul 12, 2011 11:00 am by Edvard
If you describe more in details what you want to do I might advice.
Jul 12, 2011 5:03 pm by [email protected]
Ciao Edvard, Now almost all pages work. But those connected to links (like the pictures in the table of the homepage) do not work. I tried to edit the links, but no results ... Any idea? regards, Andrea
Jul 12, 2011 6:59 pm by Edvard
OK, I think I understand what you want. So when you click on an image from the table on the main page it redirects you to the listing but changes language to original. The thing is that it submits a form when you click on an image. It is not search engine optimized to do that way, it will be better to have a direct link to the listing page. In that case it will keep the language as well. You can contact the developers of that component and ask them if there is an option to do it that way.