Forum Archive - GTtranslate freee works PRO version doesnt

GTtranslate freee works PRO version doesnt
Jul 8, 2011 8:22 pm by nikspino
Hi Edvard, are passed several week since i purchased PRO version, and i tried to solve the problem reading in your forum but without results till now: Free version works fine translating all pages in all languages and this increased visitors number. However if i switch to the PRO version, it doesnt translate nothing of nothing! I checked, the API key in the config file is correct (the same on the google api console), but IN THE API GOOGLE CONSOLE USED CHARCHTER ARE 0% AND NOT CHANGE.IT SEEMS SOMETHING BLOCKED :-( AT BEGIN I BELIEVED THAT DID NOT TRANSLATE BECAUSE OVER THE COURTESY LIMIT SO USED FREE VERSION, BUT NOW PAGES ARE ALREADY ALL TRASNLATED AND FEW ARTICLE ARE TO BE TRANSLATED. THERE ARE SOME PROBLEM WITH CONFIG FILE OR THE GTRANSLATE DIRECTORY. IS IT CORRECT THAT PERMISSION OF THEM ARE 755? WHAT COULD BE THE PROBLEM?Please help me soon because i purchased Pro version but i cant use it! Thank you in advance Nicola
Re: GTtranslate freee works PRO version doesnt
Jul 9, 2011 11:11 am by Edvard
Can you send me a temporary FTP access, so I can check it for you myself?
Jul 9, 2011 3:44 pm by nikspino
ok, i will send you by mail, because i dont see not visible mode to do it from the forum nicola
Jul 9, 2011 5:58 pm by Edvard
I have checked your site and made some tests. It seems that the most of your content is translated. Ex. English version: http://www.federprivacy.it/en/ I tried to enable the logging and can see this error: Response: { "error": { "errors": [ { "domain": "usageLimits", "reason": "dailyLimitExceeded", "message": "Daily Limit Exceeded" } ], "code": 403, "message": "Daily Limit Exceeded" } } Which means that you currently exceed your daily usage limits. To save translation traffic it will be better to turn off the languages you don't want to be translated. So, everything is OK now, I can see that it is translating new content every day, you just need to wait.
Jul 9, 2011 6:54 pm by nikspino
Edvuard, actually it is translating because PRO Version is turned off..... It is the FREE version which are trasnlating regularly every day... For this reason i sent you my website control panel access. About over quota, i said you that is daily % used, so "currently exceed your daily usage limits" means that there is something wrong, maybe in GOOGLE API. If you try to turn on PRO VERSION you will see that it doesnt work. Reason for most articles being translated is for is two weeks that use free version and users let translate articles with the free version. Nicola
Jul 9, 2011 6:57 pm by nikspino
I switched PRO Verson on just now. If you see, nothing translate.
Jul 9, 2011 7:06 pm by Edvard
Not really. When you install the Pro URL like domain.com/es/, etc. become available and search engines start to index them. It doesn't matter you turn on the Pro option or not. It is just for the language selector to redirect you to domain.com/es/, etc. when you select a language instead of translating it with the free version technology. I just tried Russian also, http://www.federprivacy.it/ru/ I can see that the page is mostly translated into that language. If you just use Italian, German, English, French and Spanish on your site, I would suggest turning off the rest languages from .htaccess and remove them from sitemap.txt file. It will save your translation traffic and that languages will get translated much faster. You need to replace ([a-z]{2}) with (en|it|de|fr|es) also you can remove zh-CN and zh-TW if you don't want Chinese to be translated in .htaccess file.
Jul 9, 2011 8:03 pm by nikspino
http://www.federprivacy.it/googleapi.jpg IF CAN BE USEFUL TO YOU UNDERSTAND THAT I HAVE OVERQUOTA NOTHING IN THE PAST TWO WEEKS..... zero characters used. all translated articles are from free google translator
Jul 9, 2011 8:38 pm by Edvard
Currently there is an issue on Google's side and they don't provide correct information about the API key usage. You can check your gtranslate/cache folder and see that there are files created today and you probably can notice that the cache folder grows every day by minimum of 100 KBs. I have send you the response from Google translator server that clearly says that you have exceeded the daily limit.