Forum Archive - installing pro version to wordpress

installing pro version to wordpress
Jul 15, 2011 7:06 pm by staceyzav
I'm a little confused about the instructions in the installation package, since they are not specific to WordPress. I have been running the free version on my site (still in development) and just purchased the pro version. I checked the 'Operate with GTranslate Pro' option in the admin panel and am not sure what else I need to do. I'm not sure if the package I was sent is the WordPress plugin and I should overwrite the current (free) copy I have installed. Is there somewhere that has WordPress specific instructions that you can direct me to? Thanks, Stacey
Re: installing pro version to wordpress
Jul 16, 2011 7:03 pm by Edvard
You need to open readme.txt file inside the package and follow the installation steps. Pro works on any website and there is no anything WP specific.
Jul 20, 2011 11:26 pm by msimpkins
Hi I just purchased the Pro Version and read the readme.txt file and I have no idea how to install it. I assumed I could go to the dashboard and upload a zip file to install pro version within wordpress. I don't know much about ftp or html. I have dreamweaver CS5 which I used for the first time to install gtranslate pro but I have no idea what to do. This may be to much to ask but is there an upload gtranslate pro for dummies or could you make a quick video on how to do it. Help is much appreciated
Jul 21, 2011 11:07 am by Edvard
You can PM me your FTP access info and I'll install it for you.
Jul 21, 2011 2:27 pm by msimpkins
I really appreciate that and that works for me. however, I can't PM you because I'm too new of a user i guess. Could I possibly email it to you? Thanks
Jul 21, 2011 8:26 pm by staceyzav
Thanks - I was just confused if I was supposed to re-write the free version of gtranslate... So, now I understand that these instructions apply to WordPress as well. I've almost completed all the steps but I am not sure about steps 4 and 5. 4. Edit /gtranslate/config.php file to add your API key and username/password need for editing translations Where do I find my API key? Is this my FTP login info? Or my wordpress login info? 5. Modify robots.txt and add this line on the end of the file (replace yourdomain.com with your domain name) Sitemap: http://yourdomain.com/sitemap.txt I don't have a robots.txt file. If I create one, where do I load it - the root? Thanks again!
Jul 23, 2011 8:37 pm by Edvard
Open config.php file and you will find instructions there about API key. Yes, you will need to create one and place it into your www root folder. Here is an example http://edo.webmaster.am/robots.txt
Jul 23, 2011 8:38 pm by Edvard
I really appreciate that and that works for me. however, I can't PM you because I'm too new of a user i guess. Could I possibly email it to you? Thanks Yes!
Jul 25, 2011 8:21 pm by msimpkins
Thank you I emailed my info to your gmail account. Thanks again