Forum Archive - [SOLVED] Blank page Gtranslate PRO :(

[SOLVED] Blank page Gtranslate PRO :(
Jul 31, 2011 5:49 pm by siamagency
Hi, I used free Gtranslate version for near one year. I use it one CMS Joomla/virtuemart. I just install Pro version and i get blank page... I correcty follow install instructions. I follow instruction for "blank page" problems and checked i have cURL, ionCube, JSON installed. I havent error about Gtranslate on PHP error log. I turn on DEBUG mode but i dont know how to read infos. Here the first lines : .................................................. Log removed .................................................. I have tried many things : Put FOLLOW_LOCATION true Delete my custom php.ini files Clean Htaccess files ... Now even flymode isnt work. Thank you for your help !
Re: Blank page Gtranslate PRO :(
Aug 1, 2011 6:53 am by Edvard
Where do you see a blank page. I checked a couple of pages including this one and it seems to work: http://www.domain.com/en/nos-produits/P ... tomel.html
Aug 1, 2011 8:06 am by siamagency
I try again this morning. The fact is before its work proprely, i get blank page and i have reload page many times until it works with the select language. Then it save in cache so no problem to display. But i have a real problem, please check more some adress like : ***Links removed*** etc...etc... English and the flag languages work now...please try languages in dropdown list. You'll see what im talking about... Check also page like : http://www.domain.com/sv/ that display correctly but no one word translate ?? Thank you
Aug 1, 2011 9:02 am by siamagency
Is that possible it come from my hosting also ? This site is host by siteground... With chrome i get error : Erreur 324 (net::ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE) Like timeout or something like that...after reload page many many times..i sucessfully get translation...Well i used 100% of my google api quota today :shock: ...
Aug 1, 2011 10:11 am by siamagency
I also notify that the main content in pages are not translate ! IN any languages !! Virtuemart page ***Links removed*** Even content page ***Links removed*** ???? What is that ?
Aug 1, 2011 1:11 pm by Edvard
I cannot see any blank pages. If you already used 100% of daily limit, you need to wait. The translations will happen over time.
Aug 1, 2011 4:02 pm by siamagency
Well i understand about daily limit quota of google ! Something not work fine with me from the beginning, and i just want to make it work propely...Have you read my last message ? I also notify that the main content in pages are not translate ! IN any languages !! Virtuemart page ***Links removed*** Even content page ***Links removed*** ???? What is that ? Is that NORMAL, please take 2 minutes for look at the non translate MAIN CONTENT !! Thank you
Aug 1, 2011 4:12 pm by Edvard
That is normal since you already have reached your daily limit and it is not going to translate any more texts today. I can see that http://www.domain.com/en/nos-produits/P ... tomel.html works and for now you just need to wait.
Aug 1, 2011 4:28 pm by siamagency
So gtranslate will update automaticly the missing text ? it will not take the text from the cache ?? Why its only the content text not translate ? Well, I'll wait tomorow to see that and i let you know ! Thank you !
Aug 1, 2011 4:36 pm by Edvard
I think you don't understand. When you go to for example to French version of your home page which is http://domain.com/fr/ or any other particular page it explodes your content into small parts of texts and uses the Translator API to translate them. After the translation it keeps the translations in the cache. When you enter the same page for the second time it doesn't already use the Translator again, it brings the content from the cache. Now some parts of your texts in your pages are already translated and cached. So they will show up correctly from the cache when you require. But when you require to translate texts which are not already on your cache it will not happen when you already reached your daily translation limit. They will happen the next day. So, you just need to wait for now.
Aug 2, 2011 2:28 pm by siamagency
Yep, pages from yesterday are now translated ! good ! Thank you. It will be long to transate all the site...the google api limit (100 000 caracters) is quickly reached everyday... If i understand well, Its mean, if one day i modify text, the new text inside the page will be translate also ?? Last questions : I have 2 things they never translate in any page. -On top left its the search module. its write : rechercher...(search) -On bottom of virtuemart page the button : ajouter au panier (add to cart) How can i make it translate too ? For finish, any news about the problem with virtuemart when we use the function search or add to cart...we come back to main language ! Thank you for your help !
Aug 3, 2011 12:38 pm by Edvard
If you want to have better limits you can use Bing Translator. Check gtranslate/config.php for instructions. If i understand well, Its mean, if one day i modify text, the new text inside the page will be translate also ?? Yes... -On top left its the search module. its write : rechercher...(search) -- the input box values are not being translated by default, may be in the next versions there will be added an option to force translate that. -On bottom of virtuemart page the button : ajouter au panier (add to cart) -- the same case here... For finish, any news about the problem with virtuemart when we use the function search or add to cart...we come back to main language ! Currently all the submit forms are being submitted to your site directly without going through the translator, that's why you are redirected to the default language. There are plans to add option to force it to keep the selected language.
Aug 3, 2011 12:56 pm by siamagency
Thank you for your reply ! Everyhting is clear now. Waiting to see the next version with input box values translated ! If you can also fix it for virtuemart, can be great. Anyway, i realize the power of your tools now. Great ! I will impliment it on my others websites soon ! Thank you for your support ! ps : We'll be waiting for new version !! :)