Forum Archive - API Quotas

API Quotas
Aug 1, 2011 5:26 pm by [email protected]
I read that the system cache's the translated words once you view a page and google translate sends the translated words to your site. If I max my character quota and it stops translating and then I change my API key in the config.php file, will the site still maintain the words that have already been translated and stored within the cache?
Re: API Quotas
Aug 1, 2011 5:27 pm by Edvard
If you change the API key the old cache will remain.
Aug 1, 2011 5:30 pm by [email protected]
Where do I set the cache for the translate to maximize the time it stays on the site? Should i set the global cache for the site to yes as well so that we try to minimize maxing out our character limit? This may be the way around the issues we have been having. thanks for the fast response!!!
Aug 1, 2011 5:36 pm by Edvard
GTranslate cache is separate and have nothing to do with your site cache. All the configurations can be found in gtranslate/config.php. By default the cache time is set to one year.
Aug 1, 2011 5:37 pm by [email protected]
Perfect!!!!! thank you so much for all your help.
Aug 1, 2011 5:42 pm by Edvard
The cache will not solve the issues if, of course, you didn't decrease the cache time. You can also use Bing Translator, which has better translation limits, and the translation quality is not any worse.

Try GTranslate with a free 15 day trial