Forum Archive - Gtranslate Pro - Manual

Gtranslate Pro - Manual
Jun 25, 2011 11:48 am by ailoen
When you pay for a component, there should at least follow a little better manual for installation and use. It can not be expected that everyone who purchases component having any prior knowledge or technical expertise to understand how this should work. And who buys a component that requires search on the forum for a whole day to find a solution? Our problem is: 1. How should really gtranslate pro work? 2. How do we know that it works and that there is only gtranslate free that works? 3. How to edit translations? 4. Why is there no published system requirements so you know BEFORE you buy the component? 5. Who can we ask for help? We have many questions. We do not have time to look for answers on the internet, our company has other and better things to do. Hopefully here is some person who can help us out fast.
Re: Gtranslate Pro - Manual
Jun 28, 2011 10:44 am by Edvard
Hi, I see that you don't like reading. Please check the http://edo.webmaster.am/gtranslate page and you will find the answers, there is a FAQ on the same page. Also, it is specified on the same page that there is an installation service, in case you don't understand the installation manual.
Jul 1, 2011 11:54 pm by ailoen
Hello, what the hell do you mean by that? 1. Where does it say HOW I really suggest better translation for the site? I don´t need to know IF it does, but HOW. 2. Where does it say if I have only the free version or the pro working? How can I see that? Shall I only guess or is there a way to confirm it? Nothing got different after installing the PRO. ... but never mind, you check our system and confirm everything is how it should be. Then tell me how I may suggest better translations. I am surprised that you answer "I see that you don´t like reading", because I thought that I was pretty clear that we don´t have technical knowledge and there is no answer to my questions. If there is, copy paste it here. If not, check our installation and see if it´s working. Ok? If you are up for installation help, please tell me what you need and when you can do it.
Jul 4, 2011 2:33 pm by Edvard
This is from readme.txt inside the package: To edit the translations you need to translate your page to the language you want to edit and then add ?language_edit=1 to the URL. And also this one: Download and install GTranslate Free for your CMS/HTML website from http://edo.webmaster.am/gtranslate and use Redirect translation method with 'Operate with GTranslate Pro' option On. If you did that you should see the difference. Also, this is from readme.txt too: Still doesn't work? Please feel free to ask for assistance at gtranslate/ Now I cannot guess from your username on which site you have installed it and check it for you.
Jul 21, 2011 2:44 am by ailoen
Are you expecting me to publish username and password here since you don´t answer e-mails? Now I cannot guess from your username on which site you have installed it and check it for you The site is www.samiculture.com
Jul 21, 2011 11:12 am by Edvard
Of course not. There is a private message in this forum. You can send the access info by PM.
Aug 1, 2011 10:45 am by ailoen
Of course not. There is a private message in this forum. You can send the access info by PM. Well I sent PM one week ago, last login to our system is still "never" and I did not get any answer from you yet.
Aug 1, 2011 1:08 pm by Edvard
Hi, Just accessed it. I cannot confirm that you have installed the Pro version. I need a FTP access to install it for you.
Aug 1, 2011 3:22 pm by ailoen
Hi, Just accessed it. I cannot confirm that you have installed the Pro version. I need a FTP access to install it for you. Check your PM, ftp access sent to you. Please let me know..
Aug 1, 2011 4:25 pm by Edvard
You had placed # gtranslate config block in a wrong place in your .htaccess file. I'm sure if you just checked gtranslate/troubleshooting-gtranslate-pro-t368.html#3 you should be able to fix it yourself. Here you can check French version: http://samiculture.com/fr/ Now you need to configure GTranslate free module to use Redirect translation method and turn on Pro option.
Aug 1, 2011 10:06 pm by ailoen
You had placed # gtranslate config block in a wrong place in your .htaccess file. I'm sure if you just checked gtranslate/troubleshooting-gtranslate-pro-t368.html#3 you should be able to fix it yourself. Here you can check French version: http://samiculture.com/fr/ Now you need to configure GTranslate free module to use Redirect translation method and turn on Pro option. I read this, but obviously I could not figure that out. Reason is that I was not sure how or what would be the actual difference between free and pro version. But since you fixed the .htaccess file now, and I turned on PRO and redirect, I suppose it works as it should... i think..
Aug 2, 2011 9:50 am by Edvard
I just checked and confirm that it is OK now.