Forum Archive - GTranslate Pro on WP

GTranslate Pro on WP
Jul 26, 2011 9:11 am by bak
Hi, I'm having a problem installing the Pro version, i follow the readme file, but i'm not sure of what i do... it doesn't work! when I try to edit the translated page adding "?language_edit=1" show me the same page...
Re: GTranslate Pro on WP
Jul 26, 2011 11:06 am by Edvard
If you are not sure, you can send me FTP access info and a Translate API key and I'll install it for you.
Jul 26, 2011 11:28 am by bak
thanks, i send ftp login to your gmail!
Jul 29, 2011 12:44 am by agitator
Hi, I just upgraded to GTranslate myself and I have the latest edition of Wordpress on my Blog.I cannot install the plugin either.Please help Jeff at [email protected] my url is http://jeffsmariners.com I bought this because it was on special but cant install it though myself and my tech support tried.Thanks,Jeff
Jul 30, 2011 9:37 am by Edvard
Hi, You need to unzip the product package and follow the installation steps in readme.txt file. If you need help let me know.
Aug 2, 2011 1:06 am by agitator
Edvard, I still am having trouble .Can you install it for me at http://jeffsmariners.com ? Let me know if you need other info to acess my site. This is getting tedious and would like to get my monies worth. You should have my email but here it is : [email protected] if youd like to talk directly.Thanks,Jeff
Aug 2, 2011 10:07 am by Edvard
Sure, I'll need a FTP access and a Translate API key which you can get from https://code.google.com/apis/console/
Aug 2, 2011 11:01 pm by agitator
....Removed sensitive data... Note from Edvard: I didn't think that you will post that info publicly... I suggest you to change your passwords now, since someone could see it in this forum.
Aug 3, 2011 7:18 pm by agitator
Ok ,thanks will do. Did you fix the problem? Is it working now? I tried using email but no response.Let me know when it is up and running,Thanks....Jeff
Aug 3, 2011 7:38 pm by Edvard
I'll let you know, please be patient.
Aug 5, 2011 11:13 am by Edvard
Hi, I just tried to connect to FTP, but I cannot. Please check it and send me correct access by Personal Message, so only I can see it.
Aug 5, 2011 5:34 pm by agitator
Edvard, I just asked in you in an email what FTP stands for. Can you reply directly to me re email ? Thanks Jeff
Aug 5, 2011 7:32 pm by Edvard
FTP stands for File Transfer Protocol. Your hosting should give you account login and password when you sign up for a hosting service. You can find that info from your hosting provider.
Aug 5, 2011 11:44 pm by agitator
Edvard, I believe have the login and password for Bluehost ,I understand it is not safe to post it here. However when I send emails to [email protected] I dont seem to get a reply. Is there another email adress I should be using for you?Thanks....Jeff
Aug 6, 2011 9:31 am by Edvard
Please use this forum to send Private Messages (PM). You can find the button under my account name on the right.
Aug 7, 2011 7:08 pm by agitator
Ok I sent info via PM I hope you have everything you need now.Thanks,Jeff
Aug 10, 2011 5:42 am by agitator
Hello Edvard, I sent the information you requested twice. It still says they are in my outbox.Are you on Holidays? I am trying to be patient.....Jeff from jeffsmariners.com
Aug 10, 2011 4:40 pm by Edvard
Hi, It is installed. You can check http://jeffsmariners.com/es/ for Spanish. You need to install the GTranslate free version to your WordPress admin and configure it to use Redirect translation method and turn on Operate with Pro option. This will enable the language selector on your site.
Aug 11, 2011 5:43 pm by agitator
Edvard, Thanks for installing this. I am not sure what you mean about installing the free version as I thought I already did? Can you be more clear and perhaps send a link or install it and finish the process yourself as you have full acess to my blog now?Thanks,Jeff
Aug 12, 2011 11:09 pm by Edvard
Done.
Aug 12, 2011 11:44 pm by agitator
Thanks Edvard! Jeff
Aug 15, 2011 7:59 pm by agitator
Edvard, One more question.Now that this is installed does it mean my website will automatically show up on various servers around the world or do I need to take additional steps? Thanks,Jeff
Aug 17, 2011 7:59 am by agitator
Hmmm , No Reply. Does anyone else know what you actually get when you install GT Pro translate? Does that mean my website now is picked up by servers around the world or do I need to do anything additional? Send me a message please...Jeff
Aug 17, 2011 10:35 am by Edvard
If you are asking about search engines, then you don't need to do anything else but wait.
Aug 17, 2011 5:58 pm by agitator
Edvard, Ok will wait I guess till they pick me up,Not sure how long thanks...jeff