Forum Archive - Automatic Translation by Ip Address

Automatic Translation by Ip Address
Dec 25, 2010 10:46 am by [email protected]
I have a question... does this module automatically translate the site according to the ip address of the visitor???? if yes... Great! if no... are there any plans to enable this in future or any easy way to do it. Thanks Chetan
Re: Automatic Translation by Ip Address
Dec 26, 2010 11:29 am by Edvard
If you use the free version the translation request will go from your visitor's IP address.
Dec 26, 2010 3:14 pm by furnivat
You could use a Joomla extension called "metamod" to do this, in combination with a free geo ip database and som custom redictecting. Search on the joomla extensions directory. Actually you could just use the geo ip DB and some custom scripting, but anyway it's definitely possible.
Dec 26, 2010 4:20 pm by Edvard
Oh, sorry, I misunderstood your question. No, there are no plans to implement auto detect the user language by IP address.