Forum Archive - [SOLVED]How to set Drupal 6 GTranslate Pro operate with Bing

[SOLVED]How to set Drupal 6 GTranslate Pro operate with Bing
Aug 5, 2011 9:24 am by [email protected]
Could someone describe how to enable GTranslate Pro in CMS Drupal 6 using the API Bing? I have already set up config.php but without result. I know it is related to the SOAP service. I have this service enabled on my hosting but I do not know how to set up a service in Drupal. I have already installed this mudules: services soap server soap client ctools
Re: How to set Drupal 6 GTranslate Pro operate with Bing API
Aug 5, 2011 11:03 am by Edvard
You need to setup the Pro as described in the readme.txt file. Then enable Bing from config.php and enter your Bing Translate API key. The instructions can be found in config.php file.
Aug 5, 2011 1:31 pm by [email protected]
As I said, I have already set up config.php according the readme but without result.
Aug 5, 2011 7:28 pm by Edvard
OK, what happens. What you do?
Aug 6, 2011 7:09 am by [email protected]
Everything worked ok, except the limit of google translation API. So I changed the provider of translation to bing API. I made a backup of old Cache folder and clear content of its folders. In config.php I have set up define('API_KEY', 'INSERT-YOUR-KEY'); define('MAIN_LANG', 'cs'); . . . define('USE_BING_TRANSLATOR', true); define('BING_API_KEY', 8BCFxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx4BA16); When I select a language I'm being redirected to a URL with the language code, but it gives me a blank page.
Aug 6, 2011 9:25 am by Edvard
There was no need to clear the cache. So, I suggest to put it back. Try this, you don't have quotes: define('BING_API_KEY', '8BCFxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx4BA16'); Also, turn on the debug to see the log of what happens. If you see a blank page, it is more likely that you don't have the necessary libraries to use Bing. You may check the PHP error log to find out the blank page reason.
Aug 6, 2011 11:04 am by [email protected]
Thank you very much, there was a problem with missing quotes.