Forum Archive - some doubts about gTranslate Pro

some doubts about gTranslate Pro
Aug 11, 2011 11:38 am by [email protected]
Hello, Working with Joomfish and am interested in your program gTranslate Pro but I have a doubt. The page will result whenever requested by the user or stored somewhere? When a page is translated gTranslate where the translation is saved? The translation is stored in the database Joomfish? I have a high level of visitors from around the world and I want to be playing with the share of Google APIs or Bing. I need something to translate and store in Joomfish or elsewhere. GTranslate works like or as.? Thanks for your responses.
Re: some doubts about gTranslate Pro
Aug 11, 2011 12:33 pm by Seadog
This utility is completely separate to joomfish. The free version of gtranslate allows on the fly translations whereas the pro version caches the stored translations for quicker access and Search Engine indexing. As far as I know it stores the translated text in \gtranslate\cache\countrycode (e.g. \gtranslate\cache\fr for French translation). As part of the instructions sent on purchase it shows you how to add these to your local sitemap for Google to index. You can also reference the translated text directly using the countrycode - e.g. http://www.website.com/fr/page.html . Great little tool but I'm having a few implementation problems - server config issues rather then the actual utility and Edvard's been very helpful so far trying to troubleshoot. In the Pro version you set within the gtranslate\config.php whether it should use Google or Bing translation.
Aug 11, 2011 4:27 pm by [email protected]
Thanks for the reply, I have been helpful.
Aug 12, 2011 10:47 pm by Edvard
Absolutely correct! Thanks for your answer.