Forum Archive - GTranslate Conflict with Dropdown Menus

GTranslate Conflict with Dropdown Menus
Dec 28, 2010 6:31 am by [email protected]
Hi, I love GTranslate after trying it today on a Wordpress site I'm setting up. However, I noticed that it made my dropdown menus disappear. When I deactivated it, they came back. I reactivated it prior to posting this question in your forums so you might be able to see what is happening. http://www.unitedhope4animals.org/ Any help would be much appreciated! Amanda
Re: GTranslate Conflict with Dropdown Menus
Dec 29, 2010 9:38 am by Edvard
Where do you have the dropdown? Is it currently disappeared?
Dec 29, 2010 9:59 am by [email protected]
yes, all dropdowns (main nav at top) disappear when your plugin is active. Would you like me to deactivate it?
Dec 29, 2010 10:04 am by Edvard
Yes, please. Currently I can see only one select tag in the source code which is for the language selector.
Dec 29, 2010 10:41 am by [email protected]
ok...it's now deactivated
Dec 29, 2010 10:44 am by Edvard
It seems to be a jQuery conflict. Try to unload jQuery library from GTranslate. There is an option for that.
Dec 29, 2010 10:48 am by [email protected]
I changed the translation method and that worked. No cute flags, but it works. :) Thank you.
Dec 30, 2010 1:18 pm by Edvard
You can try Redirect method too. If you cannot figure out jQuery conflict.
Jan 19, 2011 12:03 pm by hcristovao
Hello, 1st of all, great plugin, just what I was looking for, thanks for that. Now, I also had this issue, in my situation was a conflict to an email icon that´s available from my WP theme, with the plugin working (just as a Widget - not HTML though) this email icon just... disappeared. Plugin off, everything back to normal and icon again. I started a thread: http://wordpress.org/support/topic/plugin-gtranslate-issue-installed-and-e-mail-icon-disappeared-help?replies=3#post-1893895 I disabled JQwery library loading as you mentioned and it works! I have icon again :) What are the consequences of having this library unloaded? Thanks, Hélio Cristóvão
Jan 19, 2011 1:58 pm by Edvard
It is a widespread javascript library, so if you have it already loaded on your website, there is no need to load it the second time, because they can conflict.
Jan 31, 2011 8:35 pm by gamc2010
Hi Edward, Nice job with this plugin. I have wp site and using you plugin to switch between English and Georgian languages. I have some issues when I select jquery options (and I only like this options the best) because my slider doesn't work and no effects on Georgian language selection. There are no other plugins which has Georgian, so I need to find out how to fix this issue. If you need any help with translations, I can provide help. Thanks, Gio
Feb 1, 2011 11:41 am by Edvard
Hi, Georgian is still alpha and for some reason Google have removed alpha language on fly translation support. You need to use Redirect method for alpha languages.