Forum Archive - "Cannot Translate"

"Cannot Translate"
Aug 23, 2011 10:32 am by sic
I'm really struggling with getting GTranslate Pro working on a new server, it was working previously. It has installed correctly and is attempting to translate but I am getting the "Cannot Translate: [page name]" error. My google API quota is not showing any requests. I have also tried with Bing and had no luck. We are now receiving this response in the debug.txt file.. < HTTP/1.1 403 Forbidden < Content-Type: application/json; charset=UTF-8 < Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2011 09:52:37 GMT < Expires: Tue, 23 Aug 2011 09:52:37 GMT < Cache-Control: private, max-age=0 < X-Content-Type-Options: nosniff < X-Frame-Options: SAMEORIGIN < X-XSS-Protection: 1; mode=block < Server: GSE < Transfer-Encoding: chunked < * Connection #0 to host www.googleapis.com left intact * Closing connection #0 Request: key=AIzaSyDZYUs0VaBZEn_KxycrhLlQuoijqQpWIDg&q=Brochures&userip=66.249.66.123&source=en&target=fr Response: { "error": { "errors": [ { "domain": "usageLimits", "reason": "accessNotConfigured", "message": "Access Not Configured" } ], "code": 403, "message": "Access Not Configured" } } If anyone has any pointers then it would be very much appreciated.
Re: "Cannot Translate"
Aug 24, 2011 8:20 pm by Edvard
Email conversation: Hi, The default limit is 100.000 characters per day and you cannot do anything about it. However you can use Bing translator which has better translation limits and the translation quality is not any worse. Regards, Edvard --- Ok. Many thanks. For some reason it seems to have started working again! How restrictive do you think the google api will be on this component? Is there anyway we can mange API restrictions or increase the volume of translations? Regards Alex Embling ---- On 24 Aug 2011, at 20:57, Edvard Ananyan wrote: If it doesn't translate then it is normal that it shows 0% usage. On Thu, Aug 25, 2011 at 12:56 AM, Alex Embling | Strategic Internet Consulting <alex at strategic-ic.co.uk> wrote: Ok. Have removed filters. Why does the usage figures show 0% then if we are being restricted? Regards Alex Embling --- On 24 Aug 2011, at 20:49, Edvard Ananyan wrote: You need to set to accept from everywhere... You installed it correct, it is just API key limits issue. On Thu, Aug 25, 2011 at 12:48 AM, Alex Embling | Strategic Internet Consulting <alex at strategic-ic.co.uk> wrote: This is a screenshot of the quotas part of the console. The filters weren't applied until later this evening and without them it wasn't working. This is a new api key. What else can we provide you to help debug this? Can I give you access to the site? Many thanks Regards Alex Embling --- On 24 Aug 2011, at 20:40, Edvard Ananyan wrote: You can find the configuration settings when you go to https://code.google.com/apis/console/ and then select Quotas from the left. On Thu, Aug 25, 2011 at 12:39 AM, Alex Embling | Strategic Internet Consulting <alex at strategic-ic.co.uk> wrote: What do you mean configure the API access from the console? Do you mean the google api control panel? Regards Alex Embling --- On 24 Aug 2011, at 20:12, Edvard Ananyan wrote: Hi, Try to get another Translate API key with another account. Or you need to configure the API key access from the console, probably you have added some additional per user limits. Regards, Edvard