Forum Archive - error message after installation: Warning: curl_setopt()

error message after installation: Warning: curl_setopt()
Sep 22, 2011 3:57 pm by WebMage
Hi I am running Joomla 1.5.23 and received the following error message after installing G Translate Pro: Warning: curl_setopt() [function.curl-setopt]: CURLOPT_FOLLOWLOCATION cannot be activated when in safe_mode or an open_basedir is set in /usr/www/users/eagleawzaf/gtranslate/translate.php on line 70 The translated page displays the original language still i.e. English and everything intact except for the error message at the top.
Re: error message after installation: Warning: curl_setopt()
Sep 23, 2011 10:10 am by Edvard
You have enabled follow location option in gtranslate/config.php file. You need to disable it. Please check this: gtranslate/nothing-translates-t851.html
Sep 23, 2011 7:32 pm by [email protected]
Hi thanks for the feedback. I made the change suggested and also added a Bing API. Should I delete the Google API? Also while my error message has been removed, the pages no longer translate, they remain in the original language? I have have gone to each of my articles in the administrator and checked that English is selected as the language in which the article was written. What else can I check?
Sep 23, 2011 7:48 pm by [email protected]
Hi, Some of the pages seem to be translating and others are not, any suggestions?
Sep 25, 2011 10:16 am by Edvard
I have checked the Russian version http://www.eagleeye.co.za/ru/ and it is OK. You just need to wait some time and everything will be translated over time.