Forum Archive - More helpful License Error Message

More helpful License Error Message
Sep 22, 2011 5:45 pm by [email protected]
I am getting a license error on a dev site for which Edvard prepared a license package. However, the filename he sent, it differs from the domain name by one character (the filename version of the domain name is one character short). Anyway, it would be super helpful if the license error message would report that the license.dat is not found, or if found and mismatched, the domain to which the license file relates...this would make it easier to troubleshoot. Best, Ken
Re: More helpful License Error Message
Sep 23, 2011 10:24 am by Edvard
What is your development domain name? Did you get a package with the same domain name in the file name?
Sep 23, 2011 12:49 pm by [email protected]
I PM'd you...this is the one where the package name is different from the dev domain by one "s". This is why I made this suggestion, I can't be certain, but the package you sent has cloudacces.net and the dev domain is on cloudaccess.net, the hosting company which hosts demo.joomla.org. Anyway, when you are writing a one sentence error message on a white screen, there's plenty of room for including a bit more information. Thanks for considering.
Sep 23, 2011 12:53 pm by Edvard
Just sent a new license with a correct domain name. You have made a mistake when providing your development domain name... You'll need to use the license.dat file from the package instead.
Sep 23, 2011 2:14 pm by [email protected]
Thanks! Sorry for my error. I'll test it now...