Forum Archive - Cache problems (20gb usage)

Cache problems (20gb usage)
Sep 29, 2011 11:25 am by pr1970
Hi I`ve been using gtranslate pro for a while but am noticing very large cache sizes. I realise they get deleted every year but I`m having to delete them every month due to the cache size. My server allows 5gb and the gtranslate is using 20gb on its own! Is there a way to limit the cache size automatically? Thanks alot Paul
Re: Cache problems (20gb usage)
Sep 29, 2011 12:06 pm by Edvard
Which version do you use?
Sep 29, 2011 1:15 pm by pr1970
Hi Its version 1.5.x.21 Thanks
Sep 30, 2011 11:54 am by Edvard
Which Pro version do you use? What is the domain name of your website?
Sep 30, 2011 1:09 pm by [email protected]
Thats the only version number i can find for gtranslate, I just instruct it to use pro version in the module parameters. The domain is cambags.com Thanks
Sep 30, 2011 5:52 pm by Edvard
I have just sent the latest version to your pr1970 [at] gmail.com. Further updates will be sent to that email address. You need to delete the old one and install the new one instead.
Nov 23, 2011 1:58 am by nemmar
Edvard, I'm noticing a similar issue with my GTranslate Pro. I'm getting a new web host and I'm limited to 5GB of disk space but my GTranslate folder size is already over 3.5 GB and I've only had it installed for 6 weeks. I'm about to add a lot more content to my site which will add to the GTranslate cache folder sizes. 1) Can you tell me if there's a way for me to solve this? 2) Is there a way to limit the GTranslate cache folder sizes? If yes, then what problems would that create with the translated pages? I don't want the translated pages to be slow on my site if they need the cache files to display quickly in web browsers. So let me know what my options are and what the positive/negative aspects are of limiting the translated cache folder sizes. 3) One option is that I am keeping my old web hosting account to only host my large size files (videos) since that host offers unlimited bandwidth and disk usage for a low monthly price - but it's a slow shared hosting server. So if possible, maybe we can setup the GTranslate folder and cache files to remain on the old web host and just have the URL reference to "call" them in the web browser on the new faster web host which has limited disk usage. Let me know if this is an option and what the positive/negative aspects are. I don't know what version of GTranslate Pro I have but I purchased on October 5, 2011 and you installed it for me on my site so I think it's the latest version. Thanks!!
Nov 23, 2011 1:56 pm by Edvard
I can suggest only to disable some of the languages on your site to save disk space or upgrade your hosting plan.