Forum Archive - [Solved] After install of PRO, Wordpress site not working

[Solved] After install of PRO, Wordpress site not working
Oct 2, 2011 7:19 pm by kalahari
Hello, I installed the Pro version on our new (future) Wordpress website: (http://gavilanvineyards.com/gavilanvineyards/) but it does not work at all, plus now I have two huge issues with the site: 1. Images do not load at all or incorrectly 2. Dropdown menus do not work. They do not show on the main menu 3. Nothing happens when you click on the icon flags of the GTranslate widget Help...needed URGENT...please please... :? Thanks!
Re: After install of PRO, Wordpress site not working
Oct 2, 2011 7:43 pm by Edvard
You have a mistake in your .htaccess file. Make sure that you have installed it in your www root directory, not inside gavilanvineyards folder. Also, you need to use Redirect translation method for the free version.
Oct 2, 2011 7:53 pm by kalahari
Thanks for the quick reply! I really appreciate it... I just reinstalled the .htaccess file to the root directory, but still the same issues. Now, what do you mean with "Also, you need to use Redirect translation method for the free version."? Sorry for the ignorance but this is completely new for me. I am using the PRO version. Thanks!
Oct 2, 2011 7:57 pm by Edvard
For the language selector you use the GTranslate free version. You need to configure it to use Redirect translatino method from your WordPress backend.
Oct 2, 2011 8:00 pm by kalahari
I edited the drop down TRANSLATION METHOD to "Redirect". Images are showing now (great!) but still GTranslate is not working. Sorry to bug you so much....any ideas? Thanks again!
Oct 2, 2011 8:09 pm by Edvard
You need to also turn on "Operate with Pro" option from the same place. But, you don't have installed the Pro version correctly yet. When I manually go to http://gavilanvineyards.com/es/gavilanvineyards/ for Spanish I can see 404 error page. Please post the contents of your www-root/.htaccess file and also gavilanvineyards/.htaccess if any.
Oct 2, 2011 8:43 pm by kalahari
Here you go...it the file is completely wrong, please do not be surprise...I was not sure when I created the file of what to do exactly. # replace the name of this file to .htaccess (if using apache), # and set the proper options and paths according your enviroment RewriteEngine On # gtranslate config RewriteRule ^([a-z]{2}|zh-CN|zh-TW)/([a-z]{2}|zh-CN|zh-TW)/(.*)$ /$1/$3 [R=301,L] RewriteRule ^([a-z]{2}|zh-CN|zh-TW)/([a-z]{2}|zh-CN|zh-TW)$ /$1/ [R=301,L] RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f RewriteRule ^([a-z]{2}|zh-CN|zh-TW)/(.*)$ /gtranslate/translate.php?lang=$1&url=$2&force_no_api=1 [L,QSA] RewriteRule ^([a-z]{2}|zh-CN|zh-TW)$ /gtranslate/translate.php?lang=$1&force_no_api=1 [L,QSA]
Oct 2, 2011 8:48 pm by Edvard
Where is it located?
Oct 2, 2011 9:27 pm by kalahari
Only at the root or main public directory in the server. Thanks again for your help!
Oct 3, 2011 11:09 am by Edvard
The thing is that when you go to http://gavilanvineyards.com/es/ it says 404 error. If it is located in a right place you should end up seeing http://gavilanvineyards.com/gtranslate/ ... hp?lang=es page under http://gavilanvineyards.com/es/ . So I presume that your .htaccess file should be located here: /home/content/52/8179452/html/gavilan/ As I can see, you don't have ionCube loader enabled. You need to contact your hosting provider and ask how to enable ionCube. You can also ask where you should put your .htaccess file.
Oct 3, 2011 11:18 am by kalahari
Does this have to do with permalinks? Also, I have just checked and the .htaccess file is in fact in the main root folder. So let me contact my hosting provider this morning and see what they can do. I will let you know what the results are and what do they say later today. Thanks again for your help... G
Oct 3, 2011 11:24 am by Edvard
The redirect should be done by Apache mod_rewrite. And .htaccess file should be placed in a correct folder location (www/document root, not just root).
Oct 3, 2011 12:17 pm by kalahari
Yes, the .htaccess is located now on the "www/document root". Not just root as you suggested it could be. I am calling godaddy right now. Will let you know...THANKS!
Oct 6, 2011 8:26 pm by kalahari
Ok. I installed ionCube. I moved everything on the wordpress site so it is live now and in the correct directory. .htaccess file is on the root folder, etc. Still, not working. Please help...! The site is live now and no translation. Can someone from your tech department set it up for us providing our ftp login info? Please?!! :( Thanks! G
Oct 7, 2011 11:15 am by Edvard
Hi, Please send your FTP access details by Personal Message and we'll install it for you. Please write here when sent.
Oct 7, 2011 11:38 am by kalahari
Thank you so much! Sending now...
Oct 7, 2011 12:14 pm by Edvard
It is OK now. Please check http://www.gavilanvineyards.com/es/ You have set a redirect from gavilanvineyards.com to http://www.gavilanvineyards.com. I would suggest to remove it or change your all inner links to include www. prefix. You will need to reconfigure GTranslate module to use Redirect translation method and turn on Pro option.
Oct 7, 2011 12:20 pm by kalahari
I will change the "www" now. Will do the rest now as well. Thank you so much again for your awesome help!
Oct 7, 2011 12:33 pm by kalahari
All done! Working perfect finally.... :D One last question. Is there a way to edit a few translations on certain frames or words on the site? Thanks!
Oct 7, 2011 2:53 pm by Edvard
You can add ?language_edit=1 in the end of the translated page URL to edit the languages. But you will need to create a password in gtranslate/config.php file.
Oct 7, 2011 4:07 pm by kalahari
Got it... Thanks!
Oct 7, 2011 5:08 pm by kalahari
Problem... Pages do not translate completely. For example the VINEYARD page translate only in spanish. If you click any other language the text does not translate....any ideas?
Oct 7, 2011 8:21 pm by Edvard
Just checked German and it works OK. You will need to wait and it will translate everything over time.
Oct 8, 2011 2:25 pm by kalahari
Oh got it...perfect! Thanks :)