Forum Archive - Gtranslate Pro almost done but....

Gtranslate Pro almost done but....
Sep 14, 2011 1:11 pm by ViVa Computers
Hello, I have installed GTranslate Pro today but it is not working completely yet. Everything is done and set only when I press on translate it goes to the 404 page (custom made) and I get a URL like this: http://vivacomputers.nl/nl/ru which is not working. Can you give advice please?
Re: Gtranslate Pro almost done but....
Sep 14, 2011 4:18 pm by ViVa Computers
The problem with the dubbel nl nl is solved because that was because of the language plugin. Only it still doesn't work. :( I also saw that my Google translation is not free anymore so I am trying to switch to Bing. I know everything is working because I also checked it with my hosting and throught the tutorial that says to check with the info.php. If you want to login I can provide you the login data and personally I think it is quicker because I think it is only a little thing that is wrong :roll: . The site translation I left like it is with the not working translation for example. http://www.vivacomputers.nl Hope to hear from you soon and by the way and that is not to suck up ;) but it is a great extension because it goes very natural and smooth. I could allready tell when I tried with jquery translating.
Sep 15, 2011 8:37 am by Edvard
Hi, I'm sure that you have an issue in .htaccess file. Can you post it here? Before that you can check if you have # gtranslate config block next to RewriteEngine On line. You can check this to find out how to use the Google translate for free: gtranslate/nothing-translates-t851.html
Sep 15, 2011 10:50 am by ViVa Computers
Ok I also had the feeling that I am doing wrong there :? but here is the htaccess: ## # @version $Id: htaccess.txt 21101 2011-04-07 15:47:33Z dextercowley $ # @package Joomla # @copyright Copyright (C) 2005 - 2011 Open Source Matters. All rights reserved. # @license GNU General Public License version 2 or later; see LICENSE.txt ## ## # READ THIS COMPLETELY IF YOU CHOOSE TO USE THIS FILE! # # The line just below this section: 'Options +FollowSymLinks' may cause problems # with some server configurations. It is required for use of mod_rewrite, but may already # be set by your server administrator in a way that dissallows changing it in # your .htaccess file. If using it causes your server to error out, comment it out (add # to # beginning of line), reload your site in your browser and test your sef url's. If they work, # it has been set by your server administrator and you do not need it set here. ## ## Can be commented out if causes errors, see notes above. Options +FollowSymLinks rewriteEngine On ## Mod_rewrite in use. RewriteEngine On # gtranslate config RewriteRule ^([a-z]{2}|zh-CN|zh-TW)/([a-z]{2}|zh-CN|zh-TW)/(.*)$ /$1/$3 [R=301,L] RewriteRule ^([a-z]{2}|zh-CN|zh-TW)/([a-z]{2}|zh-CN|zh-TW)$ /$1/ [R=301,L] RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f RewriteRule ^([a-z]{2}|zh-CN|zh-TW)/(.*)$ /gtranslate/translate.php?lang=$1&url=$2&force_no_api=1 [L,QSA] RewriteRule ^([a-z]{2}|zh-CN|zh-TW)$ /gtranslate/translate.php?lang=$1&force_no_api=1 [L,QSA] ## Begin - Rewrite rules to block out some common exploits. # If you experience problems on your site block out the operations listed below # This attempts to block the most common type of exploit `attempts` to Joomla! # # Block out any script trying to base64_encode data within the URL. RewriteCond %{QUERY_STRING} base64_encode[^(]*\([^)]*\) [OR] # Block out any script that includes a <script> tag in URL. RewriteCond %{QUERY_STRING} (<|%3C)([^s]*s)+cript.*(>|%3E) [NC,OR] # Block out any script trying to set a PHP GLOBALS variable via URL. RewriteCond %{QUERY_STRING} GLOBALS(=|\[|\%[0-9A-Z]{0,2}) [OR] # Block out any script trying to modify a _REQUEST variable via URL. RewriteCond %{QUERY_STRING} _REQUEST(=|\[|\%[0-9A-Z]{0,2}) # Return 403 Forbidden header and show the content of the root homepage RewriteRule .* index.php [F] # ## End - Rewrite rules to block out some common exploits. ## Begin - Custom redirects # # If you need to redirect some pages, or set a canonical non-www to # www redirect (or vice versa), place that code here. Ensure those # redirects use the correct RewriteRule syntax and the [R=301,L] flags. # ## End - Custom redirects ## # Uncomment following line if your webserver's URL # is not directly related to physical file paths. # Update Your Joomla! Directory (just / for root). ## # RewriteBase / ## Begin - Joomla! core SEF Section. # RewriteRule .* - [E=HTTP_AUTHORIZATION:%{HTTP:Authorization}] # # If the requested path and file is not /index.php and the request # has not already been internally rewritten to the index.php script RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^/index\.php # and the request is for something within the component folder, # or for the site root, or for an extensionless URL, or the # requested URL ends with one of the listed extensions RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} /component/|(/[^.]*|\.(php|html?|feed|pdf|vcf|raw))$ [NC] # and the requested path and file doesn't directly match a physical file RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f # and the requested path and file doesn't directly match a physical folder RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d # internally rewrite the request to the index.php script RewriteRule .* index.php [L] # ## End - Joomla! core SEF Section. AddHandler x-httpd-php5 .php ErrorDocument 403 /index.php?qlue404=1 ErrorDocument 404 /index.php?qlue404=1 ErrorDocument 500 /index.php?qlue404=1 I used the block that you pointed in the post of not using the Google API but I am still trying to switch the one of Bing. But first we will see if we can get this one to work.
Sep 15, 2011 5:27 pm by ViVa Computers 2
Now nothing is working anymore! I tried to follow the instructions but now all of my internal links are dead...... Please help because this is not good. Tonight I will put back a backup because I have to but I would prefer if you could install GTranslate for me. P.s. I logged into the site on another computer but my first profile in the forum is gone so and I can't use the name ViVa Computers because it is in use so I named it number 2.
Sep 16, 2011 11:18 am by Edvard
Hi, If you can send me your FTP access details I can install it for you myself.
Sep 16, 2011 12:32 pm by ViVa Computers 2
Allright thank you very much!
Sep 17, 2011 11:56 am by ViVa Computers 3
I don't know what is happening but again it is not working! 1. When I press on a article in my site it gives: http://vivacomputers.nl/diensten.html?force_no_api=1 and my error page. It only shows correctly my startpage but that's it. 2. Your forum is not holding on to the accounts. Every time when I log off and log on again then he lost all the adjustments and I can't use my name anymore because it say it is in use. But about the forum is not my concern it is more about my site because this is not good.
Sep 17, 2011 11:58 am by Edvard
I have sent you a PM, you need to contact your hosting provider with the details provided in the message. If you have JoomFish or other language extension installed you need to disable it for now. I don't know how you do that, no one else have that problem. When you change your username, etc... you need to login with the new username instead of the old one.
Sep 17, 2011 12:11 pm by ViVa Computers 2
First of all you were right about that with the login into the forum. I thought that logging in with my email would do it but I didn't know that after that I had to login with my new username. Anyway that's clear. I saw that I had 1 translate component "SEF Translate" installed and I uninstalled it but that didn't make any difference. Regarding my hosting I have send you a PM with explanation and request. Could you please make things original untill monday again so my site is reachable again? Thank you for the effort so far and sorry if I sounded impatient but also that I explained to you in my PM. Regards, Roland
Sep 17, 2011 12:12 pm by Edvard
Done.
Sep 17, 2011 12:17 pm by ViVa Computers 2
Thank you very much!!
Sep 19, 2011 9:37 am by ViVa Computers 2
Could you check your PM box?
Sep 20, 2011 12:31 pm by ViVa Computers 2
Could you check your PM box again?
Sep 22, 2011 7:01 pm by ViVa Computers 2
I begin to get the feeling that I am talking more to myself now :( . I am still waiting to get a final solution and my hosting is willing to help but they need more information. I would really like to see this translation work and hope that you make some time free to finish the help.
Sep 23, 2011 10:29 am by Edvard
I think that I have explained in details and it is your hosting company that doesn't want to understand or doesn't want to help and just telling that you don't provide enough details. They need to configure the server to be able to: 1. Connect to the same server with PHP curl library 2. Connect to other servers using PHP curl library (including Google translate servers) Google translate servers are many and I cannot provide the full list, every time it uses a random server. Currently your server doesn't accept connections from itself.
Sep 23, 2011 2:16 pm by ViVa Computers 2
I contacted my hosting again and they gave Google and Bing free. The only thing they and me don't know is if Google translate or Bing translate make use of other ip adresses. Maybe the best is to try if it can work now (let's hope ;) ). The reason why they are reluctant to give everything free is because they don't want to that there server will be attacked (I am using shared hosting). That's why I am also depended to them and my knowledge about hosting and specially scripts is very limited, sorry. Greetings, Roland
Sep 26, 2011 12:32 pm by Edvard
Hi, It will not work. The reason they block it is that they don't trust you. If they enable it you will be able to attack yourself. But I don't think that you want to do that.
Sep 26, 2011 2:42 pm by ViVa Computers 2
Aii that is not pleasant to hear. I know that they are very strict with their rules. But now what? I cannot go to another hosting so the software is unusable for me.
Sep 28, 2011 12:14 pm by Edvard
Most of the popular hosting companies don't do that. Try to persuade them to enable it to connect to the same server at least, so we can try to find out the IPs of translator servers.
Sep 29, 2011 9:05 pm by ViVa Computers 2
Well I have been trying to persuade them but they stick to the policy at present. So I don't any other way to make it work. To go to another hosting is impossible because last week I renewed my hosting contract with them. I hope you have a answer for me....
Oct 1, 2011 10:12 pm by Edvard
It will not work in that case. I'm finalizing a special version for Joomla in the next 2-3 days. If you wait probably it will work, since it doesn't require self connections. But your server should be able to connect to external sites for translations.
Oct 2, 2011 10:15 am by ViVa Computers 2
Ok I will wait for that. If in case the external connection doesn't work I can put a request with them to make it possible. Anyway I will and see ( can't do more then that ;) )
Oct 6, 2011 12:25 am by Edvard
Please check your email.
Oct 6, 2011 2:59 am by ViVa Computers 2
I did but what do I have to do now? Is it the same story?
Oct 6, 2011 3:20 pm by Edvard
Did you install the Joomla plugin and enable it?
Oct 7, 2011 6:46 pm by ViVa Computers 2
I installed the plugin but it doesn't work. I didn't fill in a Google API because that will cost me money. Also I would like to see it as flags but although that I configured it like that it doesn't show.
Oct 7, 2011 6:58 pm by ViVa Computers 2
Correction with the flags is ok now only the rest is not working. I selected the option redirect because that others are not working.
Oct 7, 2011 9:56 pm by Edvard
Please enable the GTranslate plugin and also turn on debug with no translation option, so http://vivacomputers.nl/en/ will not show 404 error page.
Oct 8, 2011 9:01 am by ViVa Computers 2
Well did that and still it doesn't work. I enabled it and changed ot to were you told me. In the module it is like this: Module Class Suffix Translation method On Fly (jQuery) Load jQuery library On Look Flags Flag size 16 Orientation Horizontal Operate with GTranslate Pro version On Open translated page in new window Off Analytics On Site Language Dutch Google Default I can not use because it doesn't show flags. When I put /en behind my url I get the following message: You don't have appropriate license for your http://www.vivacomputers.nl. Please purchase GTranslate Pro license or go back. so that is not good also. Update: I turned of the plugin because when turned on it causes trouble with my url's.
Oct 9, 2011 9:34 pm by Edvard
Can you give me admin backend access? I'll try to fix it for you.
Oct 10, 2011 5:16 am by ViVa Computers 2
I have send you a PM.
Oct 11, 2011 9:15 am by ViVa Computers 2
Edvard it is done as you requested. They have put it on the whitelist so it should work. I will hear from you.
Oct 11, 2011 5:04 pm by Edvard
Finally!!! You can check English here: http://www.vivacomputers.nl/en/ You need to change the alias for Sitemap to not conflict with nl language code.
Oct 11, 2011 8:56 pm by ViVa Computers 2
Eehh not good yet. Yes frontpage gets translated in english and that's it. The rest of the menu's is not working and when I by example want to login on the frontpage it gives an error. Please this is becoming an neverending story..... :( Please fix it back to normal because people need to login to see there tickets etc. Also I want to use the flags as language selector and that is not working also. Update: I turned of the gtranslate plugin and after that the menu's are working again. The login problem is perhaps due to some other work from another company (they allready know about it).
Oct 12, 2011 11:24 am by ViVa Computers 2
I turned of the module now also because this was causing a conflict with the login module. When I pressed up in my site on login I got error and the dropdown menu didn't work. Now I turned of GTranslate module and it is all working as it should be. I am wondering if this is coming to a good end because every time I am running into new problems...... :? I can see that even with all the plugins and module the translation is working. How can I put a language selector with flags? Another thing is that when I have it by example in spanish it makes it like this: http://www.vivacomputers.nl/es/nl/diensten.html so that can't work. I think this is what you are referring to change something in the sitemap only I don't know how to do that.
Oct 12, 2011 11:28 am by Edvard
I have just checked your menu with and without the plugin enabled and there was no difference in behavior. I also checked another page for translation and it was OK: http://www.vivacomputers.nl/en/info.html Let me know what exactly doesn't work, so I can take appropriate actions. You need to enable the GTranslate module and use Redirect translation method with Pro option turned on to enable the language selector.
Oct 12, 2011 11:59 am by ViVa Computers 2
I turned on the module and so far the login part up in the site is working. Now I only get 404 when I press on a flag. I checked the settings as you told me.
Oct 12, 2011 12:02 pm by Edvard
Currently the GTranslate plugin is disabled. You need to enable it.
Oct 12, 2011 12:07 pm by ViVa Computers 2
Well indeed it translates only when I press something from the dropdown menu it gives 404
Oct 12, 2011 12:20 pm by Edvard
Did you change the alias for Sitemap as described in previous post? Now you have a language code nl as alias.
Oct 12, 2011 2:49 pm by ViVa Computers 2
Euhh no how must I do that?
Oct 12, 2011 7:01 pm by Edvard
You need to change it in the joomla menu manager.
Oct 13, 2011 6:10 am by ViVa Computers 2
Could you be more specific because this still doesn't enlight me :? . If you can tell me more details then I will do that but this is new terrain for me and then finally the translation is working and I must say so far what I saw now is impressive!
Oct 13, 2011 8:32 am by ViVa Computers 2
Again I have trouble! I turned of everything because all my menu's didn't work and nothing could be reached. I think I saw what you mean in the menu manager about preferred language but I would prefer if you could make it work and make sure that it stays working because this way my site is not reachable and if I don't keep on looking at it then I will miss a lot of customers this way.
Oct 13, 2011 4:21 pm by Edvard
Please try now. http://www.vivacomputers.nl/en/sitemap/diensten.html
Oct 13, 2011 4:46 pm by ViVa Computers 2
Yep now it is working only why do I see sitemap in the url? It would be better when is http://www.vivacomputers.nl/nl/diensten.html, actually then it will be perfect. I will try to find out also.
Oct 13, 2011 6:19 pm by ViVa Computers 2
Never mind I already found out. I am rearranging the menu's. Thank you!
Oct 14, 2011 5:28 pm by Edvard
You are welcome!