Forum Archive - Problem with Joomla Installation

Problem with Joomla Installation
Oct 11, 2011 11:17 am by Bjoelin
Hi I managed to install the Plugin and got IonCube running on my server. Php info prooves that an additional module is running (Ioncube) so for that, everything is ok. The frontende of my site (http://www.empower-eu.net) is also running but the problem now is that I can't access the Joomla backend anymore pulling the following error message: Site error: the file /homepages/44/d381218830/htdocs/NET/plugins/system/gtranslate/gtranslate.php requires the ionCube PHP Loader ioncube_loader_lin_5.2.so to be installed by the website operator. If you are the website operator please use the ionCube Loader Wizard to assist with installation. I used to have that problem for front end also but, as i said, got it sorted out there already. gtranslate folder has 777 rights + php.ini has been copied to root directory, gtranslate folder and ( i guess) everywhere else gtranslate files reside. Any idea why the back end won't work? Regard Bjorn
Re: Problem with Joomla Installation
Oct 11, 2011 5:54 pm by Edvard
Make sure that the ionCube library is also loaded for your administrator directory. To check that you can upload info.php file from the package into administrator and access it http://domain.com/administrator/info.php
Oct 11, 2011 8:41 pm by Bjoelin
Hey thanks for the reply. I found that I have to put the php.ini in some more directories. It is working now and I also managed to get SEF and mod_rewrite on. Now, there is another issue: If I edit the site in english language (www.empower-eu.net/en) for instance the heading saying welcome to EmPower then also the german version of the site is changed (www.empower-eu.net). Why is that and how can I avoid it? Do I have to assign the main article displayed on the front side to language "german" ? Currently it's set to "all" as I am not using joomla language functionality
Oct 12, 2011 11:45 am by Edvard
As I can see you didn't select a correct main language for your site. You need to select German as a main language in GTranslate module and GTranslate plugin. Try to use English interface when you login to your admin panel to avoid issues.
Oct 12, 2011 11:58 am by Bjoelin
Hey I changed the settings according to your reply. The site loads faster new which is favourable. However, I am given a 404 error if I try editing the site. example: www.empower-eu.net/es/imprint?language_edit=1
Oct 12, 2011 12:08 pm by Edvard
Try to login to the front-end of site and then add ?language_edit=1 or Change com_user to com_users in the URL when it redirects you to http://www.empower-eu.net/index.php?opt ... &return=...
Oct 12, 2011 12:41 pm by Bjoelin
changing user to users and login' in afterwards works - I reach the edit window. But when I change, say, the menu item "give feedback" to its german translation "feedback geben" then also, if i switch to www.empower-eu.net/en afterwards give feedback there is translated to feedback geben. Not good. plus, what i find strange, is that when i hover over a menu item or "impressum" at the bottom firefox displays the link behind as "www.empower-eu.net/en/impressum" seems it automatically forces english translation respectively, english and german is connected in a way it shouldnt be. what's wrong ?
Oct 12, 2011 12:57 pm by Edvard
Try to delete everything from plugins/system/gtranslate/gtranslate/cache/en and de folders, so it will start caching using a correct default language. Also, make sure that you have selected a correct main language in GTranslate plugin configuration settings in Plug-ins manager
Oct 12, 2011 1:06 pm by Bjoelin
I have deleted the cache. And as you suggested earlier already I've set the language to german both in the plugin and in the module. Now if I enter the site (just www.empower-eu.net) content is in english. If I click on the english flag (www.empower-eu.net/en) nothing changes basically and again, when i manually edit a heading or whatever it is changed in both languages. :(
Oct 12, 2011 3:41 pm by Edvard
What happens when you go to http://www.empower-eu.net/de/ ?
Oct 12, 2011 4:05 pm by Edvard
Please download and install on top of the old one the new version of GTranslate free module.
Nov 22, 2011 7:28 pm by Bjoelin
Dear Edvard, thanks very much for the help so far. Everything is working right now. I just have another thread I would like you to help me with. Change com_user to com_users in the URL when it redirects you to http://www.empower-eu.net/index.php?opt ... &return=... If I do that, then I'm automatically logged in to my JomSocial Account and - naturally - I can't reach the registration process. Even if I type in http://www.empower-eu.net/login/register/registerStart manually, it throws me the my main profile page. If I, however, log off and try to edit the registration process it gives me the 404-error already mentioned in this thread. Loggin' in again, I can't reach registration anymore. What to do? Same goes for acessing this site: http://www.empower-eu.net/login - I want to edit the "join us" translation part. Additionally, you should be able the see the calendar, which labels are not translated. Will those be translated in the next GTranslate version? Thans for your help in advance.
Nov 22, 2011 7:45 pm by Edvard
Hi, Can you login with admin user and go to language edit URL?
Nov 22, 2011 8:02 pm by Bjoelin
I can, but then I won't be able the enter the registration process. Instead, I am thrown onto my profile start. http://www.empower-eu.net/login I can only acces this site when not being logged in, then, however, I can't edit it. If I log in, this site isn't displayed :S If you could provide me with a clue on how the number-string of those .human-files is generated I could also generate the .human-files myself and put in on FTP.
Nov 23, 2011 1:50 pm by Edvard
Can you try to disable the jomSocial plugin meanwhile editing the translations?
Nov 23, 2011 3:01 pm by Bjoelin
Unfortunately not. The registration process is part of the Jom Social component. It won't be displayed if I disable JomSocial.
Nov 23, 2011 9:44 pm by Bjoelin
Do you need any Joomla / FTP access to solve the issue ?
Nov 24, 2011 7:28 pm by Edvard
Can you disable it just while you edit the translations? After making the edits you will enable it again.
Nov 24, 2011 8:07 pm by Bjoelin
No, there is absolutely no way to kind of deactivate JomSocial meanwhile editing content. It's not some simple plugin but an entire component.
Nov 24, 2011 8:10 pm by Edvard
A component is a passive extension which cannot do anything until you call it. If you check the plugins probably you will find the one which makes the redirect.
Nov 24, 2011 8:42 pm by Bjoelin
see PM, I don't see the registration process of JomSocial to be a plugin I could deactivate