Forum Archive - gtranslate pro instructions - help please

gtranslate pro instructions - help please
Oct 9, 2011 4:59 pm by john83
PHP ionCube Loader is enable after request in my hosting provider my server runs with FastCGI application (is this wrong??) The other libraries (PHP Curl library - default for the most hosts , PHP JSON library - default for PHP 5 >= 5.2.0) are important????? I download in ftp into plugins files!! (right??) Installation steps: 1. Copy gtranslate folder to your www root (public_html or httpdocs) directory. If you are using FTP set transfer type to BINARY it's IMPORTANT! (i DID IT) 2. Set /gtranslate/cache and /gtranslate/cache/XX folders permissions to 777. DON'T change other files/folders permissions. (I DID IT - YOU MEAN gtranslate/cache/and all the languages in the cache right????) 3. Add this lines AFTER (next to) RewriteEngine On line in the .htaccess file. # gtranslate config............................................................. when i do this my server dont work (internal error.....) 4. Open /gtranslate/config.php file to configure your site's main language and username/password need for editing translations, you will find insructions (I dont understand this... i found the config.php in the folder you sent me but i cant do anything with this) 5. Modify robots.txt and add this line on the end of the file (replace yourdomain.com with your domain name). You can have more than one sitemap. Sitemap: http://yourdomain.com/sitemap.txt (I DON'T UNDERSTANT THE MODIFY REQUEST) 6. Create sitemap.txt in the root folder with the following contents. (NEW FOLDER .txt IN HTTPDOCS???) FINNALLY I HAVE TO CREATE NEW TRANSLATIONS OR IT CAN PLAY WITH GOOGLE TRANSLATION WITH GTRANSLATE PRO??? When i finally do this plug in work, i will go to work in google ; :D
Re: gtranslate pro instructions - help please
Oct 9, 2011 9:23 pm by Edvard
Hi, There is a free first time installation service available. We will need your FTP access and access to your site's admin back-end. If you cannot provide that information there is a troubleshooting guide to fix all the raised problems during the installation.
Oct 9, 2011 11:49 pm by john83
Ok, thanks a lot... where can i send the passwords?? give me an email!!
Oct 10, 2011 8:13 pm by Edvard
You can send me a Personal Message on this forum. Use PM button under my name.
Oct 11, 2011 1:10 am by john83
I installed it myself, now i would like to ask you about the google translate api, it is a paid service?? i have to pay google to translate my site, and how often i have to pay google, you know something about that?? i want to translate my website only once!! I got an api from bing and it worked the first time i chose the language but when i oppened another page i was taken error, also when i selected to the first language or to another language it wasn't change!!
Oct 12, 2011 11:33 am by Edvard
Google API is now a paid service. But there is no need to use it, since it can work without API too. If you don't specify an API key it will work without API. Can you post the error here? Can you post the URLs of the page that didn't get translated here?
Oct 12, 2011 3:14 pm by john83
ok, it works good without the api, the only problem is that when i click to the default language, stays in the language i change last.
Oct 12, 2011 7:03 pm by Edvard
Please update the GTranslate free version. Today I have released a new version. You just need to download and install the new one on top of it.
Oct 12, 2011 10:43 pm by john83
Ok, thanks a lot. Works perfect!