Forum Archive - GTranslate Pro keeps asking for username/password

GTranslate Pro keeps asking for username/password
Oct 3, 2011 2:47 pm by matbourne
I recently purchased GTranslate Pro for the www.becktheflower.com website. I have just installed it following your instructions within the 'readme' file. It appears to be working somewhat, but I am unable to save the changed translations... Upon clicking 'Save' I am presented with a username/password box. I tried typing in the username/password that I set in the config file but it keeps asking for a username/password. The website is running Joomla 1.7 with GTranslate free installed and setup. The web server appears to meet the requirements I could find on your website. Do you have any ideas on what is causing this?? I have emailed directly about this but have not yet received a reply...
Re: GTranslate Pro keeps asking for username/password
Oct 4, 2011 9:08 am by matbourne
Bump
Oct 4, 2011 11:16 am by Edvard
Hi, Please always use the forum for your support requests. Can you check with your hosting provider if your PHP runs as CGI? If that is the case, ask them if it is possible to make PHP to run as Apache module.
Oct 10, 2011 4:16 pm by matbourne
Hi Edvard, I have spoken with the hosting company and they have set up some space on another server in order for me to test my clients website/app/script on this server before they move it over. This new server apparently runs PHP as a module (or "supports Dynamic Shared Objects"). I am aware that the copy of GTranslate Pro that I purchased is restricted to just one domain name. Is there any way that I can test this new server to ensure that this will definitely fix the before mentioned username/password promt issue? Thanks in advance...
Oct 10, 2011 8:50 pm by Edvard
If you can create a development subdomain name I can send a new license for it for testing purposes.
Oct 12, 2011 11:29 am by yagu
Same problem here, except that our hosting provider told us it's due to security reasons not possible to make PHP to run as Apache module. Is there another option?
Oct 12, 2011 12:35 pm by Edvard
Try to use this edit_translation.php file instead. It will not ask for login / password and everybody can modify the translations. So after making changes you need to replace this with the old one. <?php require_once 'config.php'; $file_name = 'cache/' . $_POST['lang'] . '/' . $_POST['md5']; if(file_exists($file_name)) { $result = json_decode(file_get_contents($file_name)); $old = isset($result->data->translations[0]->translatedText) ? $result->data->translations[0]->translatedText : null; $old = isset($result->TranslateResult) ? $result->TranslateResult : $old; $result->TranslateResult = $_POST['new']; $result->TranslateResultOld = $old; unset($result->data->translations[0]->translatedText); unset($result->data->translations[0]->translatedTextOld); file_put_contents($file_name.'.human', json_encode($result)); } else { $result = new stdClass; $result->TranslateResult = $_POST['new']; file_put_contents($file_name.'.human', json_encode($result)); } echo 'success'; exit;
Oct 13, 2011 10:43 am by matbourne
Hi Edvard, I have tried to set this up on the temporary server to test. However, I am having problems when clicking on the flags as the test server is on a subfolder... http://hosting12.firenet.co.uk/~mydes421/ When clicking on the German flag for example, I get a 404 error and get taken to: http://hosting12.firenet.co.uk/de/~mydes421/ This should be: http://hosting12.firenet.co.uk/~mydes421/de/ I am therefore currently unable to test this. I have a feeling I need to do something in the .htaccess but any pointers would be greatly appreciated. Regards,
Oct 13, 2011 4:06 pm by Edvard
http://hosting12.firenet.co.uk/~mydes421/ is not going to work. I think you should be able to create a subdomain which doesn't include ~mydes directory. Ex devel.domain.com
Oct 13, 2011 4:21 pm by matbourne
Hi Edvard, This is all the web hosting company has provided as a means to test the problem. phpinfo() reveals that the PHP Server API is running as Apache 2.0 Handler now and no longer as CGI. Can you confirm that this will definately fix the problem as my client expected this completed last week??
Oct 13, 2011 4:30 pm by Edvard
Yes.
Oct 13, 2011 5:03 pm by matbourne
Super, I will instruct the hosting company to change servers. I trust that all will be well then. Thanks again!