Forum Archive - GTranslator and JoomFish conflicts

GTranslator and JoomFish conflicts
Oct 13, 2011 7:59 pm by Ludo
He Edvard, We just bought your GTranslator PRO, our web master installed it, but either we did some mistake or we don't know how to arrange it. Is there a manual we could look at. We use JoomFish and part of our web is translated through this JoomFish into 5 languages: http://www.revivalseminars.org - EN + Slovak, Russian, Spanish, Hungarian and Romanian. Now your Program and our JoomFish don't like each other. So we had to turn GTranslator PRO off. 1) It translates only part of our pages 2) and what we have translated manually - it is now overwritten by GTranslator, which is obviously worst translation than manual. How can we make a set up that the translated parts will remain preserved? Please help us, we need your support badly. :oops: :? :cry: Thanks a lot, Ludo
Re: GTranslator and JoomFish conflicts
Oct 14, 2011 5:27 pm by Edvard
Hi, If you want to use both in parallel you need to install GTranslate Pro for general websites which is included in the product package. Then in .htaccess file you need to add only those languages which should be handled by GTranslate. Your webmaster should be able to make appropriate changes in the .htaccess file. It is described how to do it in this forum. If you will have problems you can provide your FTP access details and we will install and configure it for you.
Oct 19, 2011 3:38 am by Ludo
Hello Edo, Thank you for your answer. I communicated with our web master and we would like to ask you kindly if you could make the set up for us since it would take a while for us to figure it out, while you might do it very quickly. I wrote you email since we don't want to put here the FTP access. Thank you for understanding and for your great help, Ludo If you will have problems you can provide your FTP access details and we will install and configure it for you.[/quote]
Oct 19, 2011 12:03 pm by Edvard
Hi, It is installed. You can check for example Italian translated by GTranslate Pro and Russian by Joomfish: http://www.revivalseminars.org/it/ http://www.revivalseminars.org/ru/ You need to use GTranslate free module as a language selector for all the languages instead of the current one. Don't forget to use Redirect translation method and turn on Pro option in the module options list.
Nov 30, 2011 11:44 pm by Ludo
Hi dear Edo, My web master is long term gone and I don't know these technical things. It seems to me that Hungarian, Romanian version - the part we translated in JoomFish manually is preserved. But when I click to Slovak flag at the top of home page - it ignores our translations from JoomFish and does Google translation, which is obviously much worst. Would you mind to fix this for us? For example, in ARTICLES: "Matka biela" is wrong Google translation - we should have from our JoomFish: "Mamka Whiteová" Second thing is that we don't know how to make the button for your GTranslator visible in our home page. Can you set it up there? Third: Where can we do this settings in our web backdoor? I just can't find the place where your GTranslator is located in our Joomla 1.5 backdoor. THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR YOUR HELP ;-) Ludo