Forum Archive - GTranslate and Virtuemart

GTranslate and Virtuemart
Sep 1, 2011 7:44 am by alain.roger
Hi, till now on Joomla 1.5.x i used Joomfish to translate content as also everything from Virtuemart. as you can guess it means a lot of work for each language and i was wondering how are your experiences with GTranslate module ? 1. does it translate only word by word or content as complete sentences ? 2. have you already tried it with Virtuemart ? 3. what are the results ? are they ok ? because nothing is worse than a wrongly translated text for customers. thx. A.
Re: GTranslate and Virtuemart
Sep 2, 2011 9:58 am by Edvard
Hi, It works OK with Virtuamart and it translates sentence by sentence. However checkout pages in Virtuemart are not translated, but in the next version that issue will be fixed.
Oct 9, 2011 7:00 pm by [email protected]
Hi Edvard, I am using Joomla 1.7.1 and VirtueMart 1.9.8H (Version 2 of VM). The Translation Method is: "On Fly (jQuery)" and the Load jQuery library is turned OFF. When using GTranslate all seems to work fine in English, but when I change the language to any other language, it no longer adds the product into the shopping cart. Any idea why it does not work in non-English languages? Thanks, Chuck
Oct 9, 2011 9:26 pm by Edvard
Check your page for javascript errors. There can be errors if you use incompatible jQuery library. UPDATE: However checkout pages in Virtuemart are not translated, but in the next version that issue will be fixed. In the last version all the pages will be translated in the Pro version including the checkout pages.
Oct 10, 2011 3:29 am by [email protected]
I'm not sure what to do with this error, but here is the error that occurs only when in a non-English language: Error: g is not a function Source File: http://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jq ... ery.min.js Line: 17 What should I do to correct the error? Thanks, Chuck
Oct 10, 2011 8:16 pm by Edvard
It is using the latest jQuery library which is not compatible with the most extensions. You need to find out which extension uses it and make appropriate changes in the library version.
Oct 11, 2011 6:36 am by [email protected]
Hi Edvard, When you say "it is using the latest jQuery library", do you mean GTranslate or VirtueMart? I turned off the GTranslate jQuery library in the admin. The VirtueMart jQuery library is turned ON in their admin. Being new to this, can you give me more details how to see why VirtueMart Add to Cart works in English, but does not work when GTranslate changes the language to a non-English language. Thanks, Chuck
Oct 11, 2011 4:31 pm by Edvard
Try to turn on GTranslate jQuery and turn off the other one. I think that the error happens during the translation process which stops further javascript dependent actions.
Oct 13, 2011 6:09 am by [email protected]
Hi Edvard, I switched the jQuery as you recommended to OFF for VirtueMart and ON for GTranslate, but now it does not add the product to the cart in any language, even English. When I switched the jQuery back, so that it's ON for VirtueMart and OFF for GTranslate, it only adds to the cart in English. There are no JavaScript errors detected by the FireFox Web Developer add-on. Any other ideas? Thanks, Chuck
Oct 13, 2011 4:09 pm by Edvard
When you say that it doesn't add a product into the cart, do you see javascript errors?
Oct 13, 2011 5:39 pm by [email protected]
There are no JavaScript errors that I can see. You can try it at my test site using Firefox. There is a bug with the VirtueMart Category module when using IE, so use Firefox. http://www.designerfurniturecenter.com There is only one product in the category Living Room > Sofa. You will see that it adds to the cart in English, but when you change the language to Spanish or any other non-English language, it still goes to the cart, but there are no products added to the cart. Thanks, Chuck
Oct 15, 2011 7:36 pm by [email protected]
Hi Edvard, Did you get a chance to see why it doesn't add to the cart in any non-English language? Thanks, Chuck
Oct 26, 2011 7:31 pm by Edvard
Which version of VirtueMart do you use?
Oct 26, 2011 10:36 pm by [email protected]
I use VirtueMart version 1.9.8 RC2 J
Nov 4, 2011 6:07 pm by [email protected]
Any idea what's wrong?